Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

ENS Web Control Support and Microsoft Edge Chromium

Jump to solution

Hi

Microsoft will release a new version of Edge the next 15 January 2020

Will this be supported by ENS Web Control?. I have a customer asking.

Since this new version of Edge is Chromium based, just like Google Chrome...can we assume the WC extension will be the same for both?

Any info much appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Re: ENS Web Control Support and Microsoft Edge Chromium

Jump to solution

@JoseRR Engineering is actively working on what is required to put out a support statement for Edge Chromium. There is not an estimate of "when" that can be provided at this time. However, the KB you're already referencing (KB82761) will be updated as soon as we have completed the necessary actions. I would also suggest that you ensure you're subscribed to McAfee SNS notifications.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello @JoseRR 

As the article KB82761 says it is  specific version and all later version are supported, hence we are expecting it to be supported. At this point there is no official statement that says it wont be supported. The above article will be updated if there is any change in supportability.

image.png

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Thank you @patrakshar  for the effort.

To me the KB is refering to the Win 10 version, 1703 and later, 1809 and later up to 1909 which is the latest and not to the browser version.

I know is difficult to find out about this. For the record, I tested the Microsofte Edge Chromium Beta version.

Web Control does not deploy to the browser, it could be because browser Beta version or not set by McAfee yet to deploy to it..

However, the Chrome store WC extension installs fine and, surprisingly, it enforces  policies from ePO (block URL, Enable/disabled)

So I assume the Chrome plugging will be the same for this new version of Edge.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi all

So Microsoft Edge Chromium was offically relased and the KB was updated to say it is not supported.

I have a customer insisting very much on any ETA . I know is hard to find out.

Please help me!!

Chromium.PNG

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

@JoseRR Engineering is actively working on what is required to put out a support statement for Edge Chromium. There is not an estimate of "when" that can be provided at this time. However, the KB you're already referencing (KB82761) will be updated as soon as we have completed the necessary actions. I would also suggest that you ensure you're subscribed to McAfee SNS notifications.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Chromium Edge has been in development for quite some time, it seems like your developers should have had something ready to go when Microsoft rolled it out. You all kind of dropped the ball here.

Michael
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Couldn't agree more!!!  4 months on and still nothing.   Very poor from McAfee.  One of the many reasons we wont be renewing our McAfee security suite. 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

We are struggling to find the best browser for our business - this version of Edge looks ideal. I was shocked to find that I cant deploy McAfee Web Control to it! What is worse is that I cant find a date when McAfee will have this sorted. What is going on?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Totally agree!!  Took months to support Edge, now Chromium support still not available! Really poor.  One of the many reason we wont be renewing our McAfee Agreement.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Months down the line and still no solution for this, every time I speak to support I get a new ETA.  Now saying Q4, but don't hold your breath!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community