Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J-J-L
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

ENS TP On Demand scan from ePO ends in 'Failure'

Jump to solution
When I run a Custom On-Demand scan from the ePO console, I can watch on a local machine scan that it kicks off. Everything seems to work well, but the ePO console always shows 'Failed' at the end of the scan. I cannot seem to find details about what has failed. I can watch on the local device that a scan starts, but the 'Last Scan completed' time is also not updated. This is happening on all devices. Looking for direction of where to find more details about why it fails? Thank you!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Re: ENS TP On Demand scan from ePO ends in 'Failure'

Jump to solution

Hi @J-J-L,

Good day to you!

From what you described I assume you are using the "Run Client Task Now" option to push the ODS?

If that is so, we would not recommend using it, instead, we recommend scheduling the ODS with "Run immediately" option. 

The below article explains on why you shouldn't use that option.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85013

To add to the above, the metadata such as the "Last scan time" is updated only when you use the "Policy based ODS" the custom based ODS doesn't update the metadata found under the system properties.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86677

Next action plan:

1. Push the policy based ODS

2. Please schedule the task and do not use the "Run Client Task now" option

I hope this helps.

Regards,

AJ

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sivakumar1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello @J-J-L . Thank you for reaching out to McAfee Community.  Could you please help us with the ON-demand scan Logs which should be present at "%deflogdir%\OnDemandScan_Activity.log". And Could you also please help us with Version of ENS and McAfee Agent which is used.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @J-J-L,

Good day to you!

From what you described I assume you are using the "Run Client Task Now" option to push the ODS?

If that is so, we would not recommend using it, instead, we recommend scheduling the ODS with "Run immediately" option. 

The below article explains on why you shouldn't use that option.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85013

To add to the above, the metadata such as the "Last scan time" is updated only when you use the "Policy based ODS" the custom based ODS doesn't update the metadata found under the system properties.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86677

Next action plan:

1. Push the policy based ODS

2. Please schedule the task and do not use the "Run Client Task now" option

I hope this helps.

Regards,

AJ

View solution in original post

J-J-L
Level 8
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you, I was not aware to not user 'Run Client Task Now' as that is now we did on-demand with VSE.

I was able to use the 'Edit Tasks on a Single System' to schedule "ENS TP > Policy Based On-Demand Scan > On-Demand Scan - Full Scan"  which gave me the result I wanted

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community