Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avilt
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

ENS Service Restart Task

I am using ENS 10.6.1 using ePO on Windows.

I am facing RAM performance issues, high RAM utilization by the McAfee process “MCShield.exe” 

The only solution is to reboot the GSGW servers.

After the restart, McShield process gradually takes more memory and over a period of 1 month system freezes. 

Is there any workaround to set a scheduled task to restart the ENS processes/services on the client on a daily basis? I have the lockdown password set from ePO.

10 Replies
Pravas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 11

Re: ENS Service Restart Task

Hi @avilt ,

Thank you for your post. If the RAM utilization keeps increasing over time then it could be a memory leak.

Please check if you can upgrade to the latest build of ENS 10.6.1 or 10.7 (September 2021 release).

Please log a ticket with McAfee support if the issue persists with the latest build.

Thanks

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

avilt
Level 9
Message 3 of 11

due to production issues, I cannot perform any upgrade. Is there a way to set a task to restart ENS service on a daily basis?

The issues is on selective systems, we have other systems with same version but no issue.

avilt
Level 9
Message 4 of 11

Is this possible to schedule a ENS service restart?

Tares1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 11

Hello @avilt 

It is not possible with ePO to schedule a service restart.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Tiago A
avilt
Level 9
Message 6 of 11

Can it be scheduled locally on client?

I have interface lock password set.

Tares1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 11

Hello @avilt 

You can create a task with the following command (or add these commands to a bat file) and schedule it to run when you want the service to be restarted.

Net stop “ServiceName”

Net start “ServiceName”

Hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Tiago A
avilt
Level 9
Message 8 of 11

There is interface lockdown set, how do I unlock the interface thru script? Without it we cannot restart the service

Tares1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 11

Hello @avilt ,

I don't understand which interface you are referring to.

If you are referring to the OS lockdown that is a question better targeted at their forums or support tickets.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Tiago A
avilt
Level 9
Message 10 of 11

I am referring to ENS interface lockdown. (Password protected interface lockdown)

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community