Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

ENS Platform Errors

Jump to solution

I suspect these are OK to ignore but want to be sure (ENS 10.5.5).  Please advise.

03/02/2020 09:54:56.297 AM   mfeesp(2392.3640) <SYSTEM> LPC.CommonLPC.Error (common_policy_enforcement.cpp:797): BlSetproperty failed for EVENT_SINK_EVENT_LOG_SIZE,retval = -1072627674

03/02/2020 11:54:55.621 AM   mfeesp(2392.3904) <SYSTEM> LPC.CommonLPC.Error (common_policy_enforcement.cpp:775): BlSetproperty failed for EVENT_SINK_ENABLE_EVENT_LOG,retval = -1072627674

03/02/2020 11:54:55.855 AM   mfeesp(2392.3904) <SYSTEM> LPC.CommonLPC.Error (common_policy_enforcement.cpp:797): BlSetproperty failed for EVENT_SINK_EVENT_LOG_SIZE,retval = -1072627674

03/02/2020 01:55:02.297 PM   mfeesp(2392.3640) <SYSTEM> LPC.CommonLPC.Error (common_policy_enforcement.cpp:775): BlSetproperty failed for EVENT_SINK_ENABLE_EVENT_LOG,retval = -1072627674

03/02/2020 01:55:02.422 PM   mfeesp(2392.3640) <SYSTEM> LPC.CommonLPC.Error (common_policy_enforcement.cpp:797): BlSetproperty failed for EVENT_SINK_EVENT_LOG_SIZE,retval = -1072627674

03/02/2020 02:28:26.570 PM   mfeesp(2392.3904) <SYSTEM> LPC.CommonLPC.Error (common_policy_enforcement.cpp:775): BlSetproperty failed for EVENT_SINK_ENABLE_EVENT_LOG,retval = -1072627674

03/02/2020 02:28:27.008 PM   mfeesp(2392.3904) <SYSTEM> LPC.CommonLPC.Error (common_policy_enforcement.cpp:797): BlSetproperty failed for EVENT_SINK_EVENT_LOG_SIZE,retval = -1072627674

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Re: ENS Platform Errors

Jump to solution

Hi @mlajoie 

Thank you for confirming. I don't believe those errors would be related to ENS "running hard on the box". I wouldn't worry about them at this time - I can at least confirm to you, there is no known issues surrounding this particular error.

If you are seeing performance issues in regards to a certain application, may I suggest that you run the GetClean Tool on that machine. If the binaries linked to the application are signed, running this Tool will help get them included into our TrustDAT which in turn will improve the performance. If the binaries aren't signed, you will need to resort to regular exclusions.

For more details see: Whitelisting files in https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88205

Please do raise a Service Request with us if you need any assistance troubleshooting the performance issue (if that's what it turns out to be)

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @mlajoie 

Thank you for posting on the Community!

Do you see any functionalities of ENS impacted? There are many errors in the ENS Platform Errors log which are not tied to a functional impact. These logs are reserved for Technical Support and the Engineering Team to troubleshoot functional issues and unless you see an impact I would recommend ignoring the entries.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution
No imapct to ENS. The server was having performance issues and the server tech investigating looked in that log to see if there were issues because he said "It looks like McAfee is running hard on the box. I also see this in the endpointsecurityplatform_errors.log" Not sure what he means by "running hard" but I wanted to be sure it was safe to ignore these errors before progressing further.
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @mlajoie 

Thank you for confirming. I don't believe those errors would be related to ENS "running hard on the box". I wouldn't worry about them at this time - I can at least confirm to you, there is no known issues surrounding this particular error.

If you are seeing performance issues in regards to a certain application, may I suggest that you run the GetClean Tool on that machine. If the binaries linked to the application are signed, running this Tool will help get them included into our TrustDAT which in turn will improve the performance. If the binaries aren't signed, you will need to resort to regular exclusions.

For more details see: Whitelisting files in https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88205

Please do raise a Service Request with us if you need any assistance troubleshooting the performance issue (if that's what it turns out to be)

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community