Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

ENS Password Reset or ENS Uninstall

Hello

ENS 10.6.1.1607 Self managed 

Windows 10 1809

We are having an issue with the ENS password. We had just used the password to look at the Tasks section and noticed that two of the default tasks (Full Scan and Quick Scan) were not there so we decided to reboot. After the Reboot the password we had just used no longer works. have tried a couple of combinations and "defaults" but none work. 

We decided to try to uninstall then reinstall. We are unable to uninstall from Programs and Features, I am betting because the password is set for the uninstall.

I did attempt the uninstall from a command line with the entry in the Registry. Here are the keys I found:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432 Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\ENDP_AM_1060

Uninstall command key =

“C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Threat Prevention\RepairCache\SetupTP.exe” /x /removeespynchronpusly

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432 Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\ENDP_GS_1060

Uninstall command key =

Msiex /x {FF94B30D-A51E-4D68-A353-0667C5655D2E} /qn /l “c:\windows\Temp\McAfeeLogs\McAfee_Common_Uninstall.log

Those did not uninstall.

Does anyone have any advice on either a way to get past the password issue and/or ways to uninstall.

Thanks.

John

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: ENS Password Reset or ENS Uninstall

Hi @jtovb 

Thanks for posting on the Community. I would like to defer you to this Community Post for the uninstall command you can use when you have a password defined: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Endpoint-Security-ENS/Uninstall-with-password/m-p/651544#M7820

However - if it's not accepting your password, you may find this doesn't work either. In which case, as a last resort, you can download the Endpoint Removal Tool from the Product Download Page and remove the software using this tool. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Hi @jtovb ,

That's strange.

Can you let me know the ENS version that you are running on?

I haven't come across the issue in the latest version.

As far as i know, as the product is self managed, you will have to uninstall and reinstall the product. If it requires a password, you will have to try using "Endpoint Removal Tool".

You can also try to the following cmd for a repair install and try to log in again :

(mentioned in  KB92095):

C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Security Platform\RepairCache\setupCC.exe /fam

C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Threat Prevention\RepairCache\setupTP.exe /fam

C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Adaptive Threat Protection\RepairCache\setupATP.exe /fam

Thank you .

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 4 of 6

Thanks all.

The version is 10.6.1.1607

I will give those repair commands a try.

I saw the uninstall tool but I will have to get that downloaded by the folks who have the support with McAfee. We are an end user and will need to go through our help desk for that. Was hoping to get it fixed locally  before doing that.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Hi @jtovb , 

ENS 10.6.1.1607 is July repost package.

For further troubleshooting, you can go to "C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Logs" open Endpoint Security Platform_Errors.log

Try to find (ctrl + F ) "Failed to load xml document " in "Endpoint Security Platform_Errors.log".

If you find " Failed to load xml document ", I recommend you to update to the latest version of ENS.

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 6 of 6

Sorry was out last week. We did end up getting the Uninstall tool from McAfee. None of the other options worked. We will be using the Uninstall tool soon.

Thanks for the help.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community