cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ENS Package Designer

Jump to solution

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to add latest DATs/content updates etc., to packages created with ENS Package Designer? I'm sure you could do this with the VSE Installation Designer, but I can see it with the ENS version. Maybe there's some fancy command line or something...

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: ENS Package Designer

Jump to solution

Please refer to the KB below.

McAfee Corporate KB - How to use the Endpoint Security Package Designer KB86438

This should have details on the info you are looking for.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Please refer to the KB below.

McAfee Corporate KB - How to use the Endpoint Security Package Designer KB86438

This should have details on the info you are looking for.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for replying Yaz! I'd already seen that article, but it only provides basic information. Having gone through the ENSPD wizard, I'm not sure what I want to do can be done with this iteration of the product

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution
I am also interested to know move about ENSPD.
In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

If there are any particular question about ENSPD we would be happy to try and help. 

ENSPD is the ENS equivalent to what Installation Designer is for VSE (solution marked). 

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

I downloaded the source package from EPO McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_5_3_3152_11_patch_stand_alone_client_install" and unzip to a folder. Then I used the zip file point to the ENS Package Designer and I keep getting the error "the installatino file for "Mcafee Endpoint Security Installer must be verion[0] or later is invalid"

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am getting similar to the above when trying to use Package Creator (installation file is invalid).  What package are we meant to be using as the source?  I have noted recently that there are a number of issues trying to find packages on the mcafee download sites (public and support site), and also that the standard of documentation appears to have slipped - I am spending a great amount of time trying to figure out exactly what I am meant to be downloading and using...  I am starting to wonder if any of this documentation has been through any form of QA whatsoever...

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

I tried with the following (non patch version) and it appears to be working:

McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_5_3_3152_11_stand_alone_client_install.zip

The KB article is fairly high level. Example "On the Modify Package screen, click Edit Settings and change the settings if needed, and then click Next." - in reality, this opens the local ENS client console.  After I have made the relevant adjustments, I have then just closed the console - there is no confirmation that the changes have been noted.  Also although I am wanting specific settings in the package, I did not really want to change settings on the host itself - this seems to not be an option.

The package does seem to be created fine, although I have not tested this end to end yet.  I was hoping to add it into a EUA custom package, however none of the packages created with EUA package creator appear to be checking into ePO...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community