Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

ENS On-Access High risk process exclusions missing from policy in ePO.

I've noticed a couple of days ago that when I edit my policy for On-Access scan, I'm not seeing any processes identified as High-risk, I only see my low risk processes in there.

I have the following setup in my policy: Configure different settings for High Risk and Low Risk processes

And I know we built from the McAfee policy which had a bunch of high-risk processes in there and added to it over the years.

I've validated on a couple of ENS clients and I can see them in there as high-risk as well as those that I've setup as low-risk... so I'm kind of wondering, why I'm not seeing them in ePO anymore.

I tried adding a new one as a high-risk and it does show up, so I'm wondering what could have gone wrong.

Anyone has seen this before or has any ideas?

Thanks

6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: ENS On-Access High risk process exclusions missing from policy in ePO.

In the epo policy, they are located in the same section.  When you go to the advanced settings for on access scanning where you see the low risk, click on add and you will see a drop down to choose either high or low risk.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I know where they are located and how to create a new one, what I don't get is why I don't see any high risk setup in my policy in ePO but when I pull up the settings on a client directly, I see them in there as well as my low-risk.

It's like my policy isn't showing me those high-risk for some reason. Even exported the policy to XML and I don't see them in there also...

Now I need to modify my high-risk and can't find a way to see them in my policy from ePO and don't want to have to recreate them manually... since I see them applied on the clients.

Highlighted

on access scan policy for ENS has needed tabs once you expand advanced options.. you have to change "Use Standard settings for all processes " to Configure different settings for High Risk and Low Risk processes   (Windows only)
​and all the tabs will show enabled

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

You guys haven't read my question or my post. I know how to set it up, I'm asking if anyone has seen the same behavior?

I don't see my high risk exclusions only, I see the low risk, but on a client side, I see both.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hello,

I understand your question.

No that behaviour has not been seen  by us with any customer in THAT Direction CLIENT (YES) > EPO (NO)

Since ENS 10.X there has on the other side that you made Exlcusion on the ENS for Extension, File or Directory in EPO

and on the CLIENT side you did not a) see them b) They where double or three times (Every times you saved an update to Policy)

> THAT was ONLY with customer who did not have the CHECKBOX active "Overwrite Client side Extension".

So no the beahvior you mention was not seen with our customers.

But SINCE they always had probleme with VSE 8.8 > ENS 10 migrated POLICY and esp. Exclusion your case COULD be possible.

Export the POLICY into XML (Settings). Make a new one and Re-improt the settings. Check if that works then.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Can you post some screenshots please of what you are seeing?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community