Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor SWISS
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 36

Re: ENS July full installer prevents Adobe reader in Protected mode

Jump to solution

And it's Microsoft PATCHDAY the RE-Post Comes out. That does MEAN now they have been aproved with 08/2019 Windows Updates and the 08/2019 Office Patches (TUESDAY) 100% and in all languages and in all OS tastes (PRO/ENT etc.)?

To protect McAfee i have to say that TREND Officescan and other AV had Problems too with latest MS-patches. And we are beginning to tackle down customers who run Trend and ask them to get 100% aproval before each Patchday because we manage their WSUS or Patch solution external.

For Client Management this means that we have to ROLLOUT the McAfee Update and then Patch Windows afterwards. Nothing else. If anybody else sees it different tell us.

With all the MS patching Problems the last days we have enough pressure to roll out for our customers.

Even more complexity in on Premise structure. Not the right time These days if you have to justify why you manage things local.

This gives too much trouble because we still think and believe that ENS 10.6.1 is getting better and better. We catch a lot of stuff from SBS to Enterprise with the Exploit rules. This even behind expensive Fortimail, Fortisandbox and Webgateway.

That's the reason why we would like to go on ENS 10..6.1 on Server side some time. We laready have smaller customer with 10 Servers with full ENS. And it works great i have to say. 

Reliable Contributor Pmaquoi
Reliable Contributor
Message 32 of 36

Jump to solution
jround : If this repost works (and it seems), july repost or august one as a name is something i will forgot Swiss : on my side, i was using the initial ENS 10.6.1 July since the 6th of July on more than 120 ciomputers (my alpha 2 group) without any issue at all. These 120 are computers belongs to real user so it's a test in a production environment (as always for our company). A big part of my IT department with Advanced technical end user profiles. Even my CEO and CISO. i just had to avoid 5 computers suffering of the infinite reboot but. So testing this new repost version on alpha 1 group (25), alpha 2 (+40 then +60) and global alpha (from 240 to 320) will happen quickly. I don't expect to observe issue honestly. Actually Alpha 1 for the WKS and no issue at all. Alpha 1 test on servers ( a few sql , oracle, dc, file and application servers) is also started. same situation. Normally on friday all previous july update version will be upgraded and global alpha will receive it next week (middle)

Jump to solution

I know this issue has been fixed, however, my "Sandbox Protections" options are now missing (in Acrobat Edit/Preferences/Security (Advanced))...  Like the checkboxes are literally gone, as is the "View log" button:

• "Enable Protected Mode at Startup"
  • "Run in AppContainer"
  • "Create Protected Mode log file"

So I effectively can't turn the sandbox back on for any of my clients.  Does/did anyone else have this issue?

Thank you.

cheetah
Level 10
Message 34 of 36

Jump to solution
Just tested it right now.

On my Testgroup all works without your´e discribed failures.

Jump to solution

Had you previously had your users "always allow opening without sandbox protection" (or similar, a dialog from Acrobat)?  This was the only way for us to open PDF's again (and stop the prompt for every PDF file being opened...)

Or did you do this, and now that the issue has been fixed, the options are still visible and selectablefor you?

See area circled in blue:

Annotation 2019-09-03 091733.jpg

Thank you,

~Bill

Jump to solution

I just confirmed the options DO NOT return after a full uninstall/re-install...

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community