AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 21

Re: ENS Installation fails

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member,

Thank you for the update. Looking forward to your update. A humble suggestion from our end. McAfee does not recommend the use of Endpoint Product Removal tool unless that is the only way to remove an existing version of a product installed. We want it to be your last resort if other conventional uninstall methods fail.

However, please do keep us posted with the progress. kudos to you for keeping us updated!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 12 of 21

Jump to solution

Good morning! I uninstall all McAfee products with the removal tool and let SCCM install normally again. From 3 machines, one of then still falling...Im sharing the logs from that machine...

Thanks a lot!

McAfee_Common_Bootstrapper_23102019184610253.JPGMcAfee_Common_VSCore_Install_All_23102019184612957.JPGMcAfee_Endpoint_BootStrapper_23102019184555548.JPG

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 21

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member.,

Thank you for posting the logs here. May I know if you performed the reboot after running the EPR tool?

Also, the logs we will be looking into will be the same as previous since the failure is again seen under "common" which refers to Endpoint Security Platform component.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 14 of 21

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member 

Did you reboot following the uninstall? From the log extract it seems as though some things are pending removal upon a reboot.

Have you already checked that you have the following root certs installed:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91697

If not, please run the two attachments, reboot and try again.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 15 of 21

Jump to solution

Yes, I did reboot the machine...

About this certificates, Im gonna take a read later and let you guys know...

Thank you both for the rapid reply! 

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 21

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member,

Kudos to you for your quick updates and efforts in following our suggestions! Let us know how this goes!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Thussain
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 21

Jump to solution

@Former Member 

Any update on the progress of the issue, is the issue resolved now or is it still persisting 

Was my reply helpful?
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 18 of 21

Jump to solution

Hello!

So, Im looking at this machines with failing installations and seeing a pattern. This machines have some software that may be causing some conflicting at the moment of the installation. A lot of the falling machines have some 1092 eventsIDs related to .dll from Eracent, IBM Truster Rapport, Diebold Warsaw and Check Point VPN.

I still testing, but in one case, I just uninstall the VPN and the McAfee installation complete with success..but in other case nothing changes and issue remain.

I will keep testing and if anything changes I'll let you guys know..

Thanks!

Thussain
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 19 of 21

Jump to solution

May be you should take a look at the below mentioned KBA

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90111

If you experience the issue with Check Point VPN, there is a hotfix available from Check Point that resolves the issue. For more information, see: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut....

Was my reply helpful?
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 21

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member,

Excellent findings! If you suspect third party dll injection, my first recommendation would be to create a ticket, Support has the time and resources to troubleshoot the issue live and investigate logs offline. However, If you are having any challenges with the same, feel free to share the logs folder in compressed zip format here and I can look into them for you. Kudos to your efforts here!

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

*Note: Kindly please sanitize the logs (removing it off sensitive information like IP Addresses) before uploading to this forum.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community