Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor denn
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

ENS Install + patch/hotfix package creation

Jump to solution

Hello, is it possible to somehow create a package and check in into ePO or deploy with SCCM for

ENS Platform 10.6.1.1124

ENS FW 10.6.1.1106

ENS TP 10.6.1.1208

ENS ATP 10.6.1.1120

for this versions all fine, I am able to check in them into ePO and update with client task.

In March McAfee released update/hotfix for these versions, how to create a full package and integrate hotfix into 10.6.1 ENS version.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Re: ENS Install + patch/hotfix package creation

Jump to solution

If you need a full installed which includes the hotfixes you can use the Package Designer to create your customised package: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86438

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
7 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

If you need a full installed which includes the hotfixes you can use the Package Designer to create your customised package: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86438

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

The guide is very general and high level,

What I need provide here ?

design.JPG

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

That is the package creator - not the package designer. The downloaded package should be called: ENSPD_10_6_1_1000_1.zip

You can then use the steps documented in the shared KB article to create the package.

Was my reply helpful?
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

What is the "source package file ? I have tried with ENS Platform 10.6.1.1068 install zip. Also tried with other components FW, ATP, TP. Same error. Any ideas ?

designer.JPG

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

You have just selected the ENS Platform zip. You need to use the the standalone complete installer package as the source package. Update and hotfix packages are not supported as source packages.

Was my reply helpful?
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

So I need to use these installs to create a ePO deployable package with latest patch ?

stand.JPG

Highlighted
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Yes, if you want an entire package which includes the full installer and the hotfix then you need to create such an installer. This can be achieved with the Package Designer Tool.

You don't need both - just the one released in December as this is the latest Full Installer package.

In the Package Designer you set this as your source and then later on in the GUI you can add the hotfix packages.

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator