cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ENS Default Client Update Confusion

Jump to solution

Just testing ENS 10.6 (migrated from VSE 8.8)

I am confused by the Default Client Update, it doesn't seem to run daily like the schedule suggests. When unlocking the interface and checking the schedule it is automatically set to 17:00 (GMT), run once at that time, and randomization set to 1 hour.

Can this be changed, or does the ASCII overright it?

If the client is offline between 16:30 and 17:30 (randomization time) should it not see the daily task as 'not complete' and run when online?

It seems as though I might need to setup additional 'Product Update' client task assignments daily to protect us.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: ENS Default Client Update Confusion

Jump to solution

You can rely on the default task if you wish. If you want to change the schedule of it, you'll need to do that locally on each machine though. So from a practical point of view, setting up client tasks by ePO is probably easier to manage.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Is the system ePO managed or standalone?

If standalone you can modify the task locally via the console by clicking into the task and navigating to the second tab named "schedule".

If ePO managed then you can create your own product update task to be run at a time more suitable to yourself.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Clients are managed by ePO.

Thanks, I'll create some custom daily update tasks that update DAT, ES Exploit Prevention Content, and AMCore Content Package.

I Just wondered whether I could totally rely on the Default task.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

You can rely on the default task if you wish. If you want to change the schedule of it, you'll need to do that locally on each machine though. So from a practical point of view, setting up client tasks by ePO is probably easier to manage.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

How do things behave if I have both the "Default Client Update" task enabled and I also set a Client Product Update task on my ePO server?  Should I do one or the other?  My logic was leaving the default would ensure the client updates itself if the assigned ePO client task breaks or is accidentally removed or disabled.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

This is what I want to know. Was this question ever answered?

In my case we have both Client Task for Product Update and this Default Client Update task schedule running which is causing event 1119 to be generated, even though the clients are up to date.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community