Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

ENS Amcore Engine 6000 deployment method

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am keen to know this thing and thats the reason asking this question so that if anyone have any idea they can share with us.

Recently few weeks back Engine 6000 deployment started by McAfee and its automatic and we cant stop that or control that and the deployment done by McAfee is in staggered way.

SInce the AMcore content released by McAfee contains the new engine then how its getting deployed only on few systems even all are using same amcore content.In my environment around 60% have new engine but others are having old and when I am checking the report every 2-3 days count is increasing.How come its deployed only on specific systems and not all systems

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: ENS Amcore Engine 6000 deployment method

Jump to solution

Hi @haaris

Since the 3rd October we implemented a staggered roll out as you mentioned. Since yesterday the engine update is fully available meaning you should see all of your clients upgrade to Engine 6000 from now onwards.

For more information see: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88809

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @haaris

Since the 3rd October we implemented a staggered roll out as you mentioned. Since yesterday the engine update is fully available meaning you should see all of your clients upgrade to Engine 6000 from now onwards.

For more information see: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88809

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi, 

But what I want to know is that when you say staggered roll out it means few systems will get new engine and not all but the Amcore content used by all systems in my environment is same so how come some receives new engine and some not. I wanted to know the method used for staggered deployment

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

From the KB:

How does the managed throttled update work?
The throttle period is divided into three phases with a different rate of deployment:
The first week, only a few machines receive the upgrade each day (approximately 0.5% of the unupgraded client base per day); these machines are randomly selected.
In the second week, more machines receive the upgrade each day (approximately 1% of the unupgraded client base per day); these machines are also randomly selected.
In the third week, the rate of deployment is increased so that most of the upgrades are complete across all machines (approximately 10% of the unupgraded client base per day).
Finally, when the throttle is disabled after release on October 31, 2018, on the following day's V3 content (November 1, 2018), all remaining unupgraded clients that support the new component will receive the upgrade.

Was my reply helpful?
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @chealey,

Thanks a lot for the explanation..

I understood what you explained but what I wanted to know is that when a organization apply a Amcore content file its the same for all the machines how come Engine getting applied only on few systems and not all

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

@haaris We had an inbuilt check/alogrithm so that the engine update was a throtteled release. We wouldn't be able to share the exact details with you, I'm afraid.

Was my reply helpful?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community