cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENS Access Protection Rule - Remotely Accessing local files or folders : Whitelisting

We have enabled Reporting on the "Remotely Accessing Local Files or Folders" in our ENS Access Protection policy. SCCM is used in our environment and the rule is triggering when our endpoints access the SCCM servers. Is there a means to exclude these actions from triggering the rule? The Threat Source Process Name is "system:remote", which is probably one we should not exclude. And there is no means of whitelisting hostnames to exclude the SCCM servers.
1 Reply
vnaidu
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: ENS Access Protection Rule - Remotely Accessing local files or folders : Whitelisting

@mgaoaen

I would recommend you to add the below processes in the low risk exclusions for SCCM. We had the same issue  in our environment and after adding the below in LRP, the issue was resolved.

Ccmexec.exe
Cmupdate.exe
Sitecomp.exe
Smsexec.exe
Smssqlbbkup.exe
Smswriter.exe

Hope this helps, let me know in case of any questions. I would try to replicate in my lab and share you the results.

Regards,

Venu
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.