cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENS ATP and END TIE?

What's the difference between the two?

My case is when i'm looking at my system tree there is a column for ENS TIE version, but when I click the endpoint and go to the products tab there is no ENS TIE installed. There is instance when looking at the ENS ATP version (ex. 10.5.3) it is the same as the ENS TIE, but on my Master repo, there is no ENS TIE with 10.5.3 version, only 10.2.3. Why is my System Tree columns don't reflect the rigth product version specific on ENS ATP and ENS TIE?

9 Replies
McAfee Employee dmcgeary
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: ENS ATP and END TIE?

The question posed here is based on there being a ePO reporting field for ENS TIE and ENS ATP.

The ENS TIE version field will be present if having used the legacy ENS TIE module.
ENS TIE version info is not applicable to ENS ATP.

The Terms ENS ATP and ENS TIE are specific to Windows Endpoints:
ENS ATP started as of ENS 10.5.x and later
The ENS TIE is legacy now and was for ENS 10.2.x
(There is still a TIE Server, and the general "TIE"  (Threat Intelligence Exchange) infrastructure. and that is not to be confused with the topic here - ENS TIE

ENS ATP includes RP (Real Protect) and DAC (Dynamic Access Control) 
Both ENS TIE  and ENS ATP use DXL\TIE feeds
ENS TIE does not have RP or DAC

ENS TIE and ENS ATP are not the same thing and tracked in separate reporting fields. 
If you have version info in the ENS ATP field you do not need version info the ENS TIE field to have "TIE". 

Therefore, the system is reading the version wrong for TIE?, is this a known issue?, or is just a bug in ePO

Reliable Contributor Daveb3d
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

It isn't an issue or a bug.  ATP is TIE, but it is also more than TIE.

Reliable Contributor bretzeli
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Get the SCREENSHOTS in FORUM back so we (Partner and customers) can SOLVE your work for free. This was perfect done by INTEL and their forum they had that time.

You can only SOLVE such things with screenshots or TALK long around. Every person seems to mean something else.

Reliable Contributor Pmaquoi
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Like David Mcgeary (Hello David) told you, TIE and ATP are different report fields

Could you be more specific. Wich version of ENS are you using ?

If ENS 10.2.x with TIE client module addon -> use tie field

if  ENS 10.5 and greater with ATP module addon -> use atp field. In this case TIE client module is no more used and replaced by ATP client.

P.Maquoi

ATP & TIE are same thing
To manage Fiel reputations you need TIE server

ATP is client module

Reliable Contributor Pmaquoi
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 10

To clarify better, ATP (>=10.5 ) and TIE Client (VSE 8 and TIE 10.2) are not the same thing.

For ATP module, TIE is a just part of it. It also  contains Real Protect part of ENS, Dynamic Application Containment and can send files to ATD sandboxing appliance ( if you bought it)

secnubs
Level 8
Message 9 of 10

So if I already have ATP , there is no need to install TIE on the endpoint?

Reliable Contributor Daveb3d
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Correct

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center