Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtmy-zul
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

ENS 10.7 Modules deployment failed over VPN

Hi team,

I have a lot of managed system in ePo are failed to deploy all ENS modules accept for Agent & DXL. They are using VPN. They all using Windows 10 OS. Could the VPN connection somehow blocked it?

Please help.

6 Replies
vivs
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: ENS 10.7 Modules deployment failed over VPN

Hello,

Could be, But please try checking the McScript_deploy.log and masvc.log to check whether the task is getting triggered or not and installation started or not.

You can also check the ENS installation log in Windows-temp-Mcafee logs

How exactly you are sending the task to the machines?

Whether agents are communicating or not with the ePo?

Please do check the below link:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator-ePO/SOLVED-HOW-TO-TROUBLESHOOT-CLIENT-UPDATE-DE...

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

mtmy-zul
Level 9
Message 3 of 7

Do you mean get McScript_deploy.log and masvc.log from user's PC?

How exactly you are sending the task to the machines? >> I used "Run client task now" function in epo on-prem.

Whether agents are communicating or not with the ePo? >> Tried ping from ePo, they are reachable.
vivs
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Do you mean get McScript_deploy.log and masvc.log from user's PC?

Yes under Program Data

How exactly you are sending the task to the machines? >> I used "Run client task now" function in epo on-prem.

Try using Product Deployment Task :System>Actions>Agent>Modify/Edit Tasks on a Single System>New Client Task Assignment>Assign that previously created task or create a new task and scheduled to be run immediately>Save.

Run Client Task Now and Wake-Up agent both uses Port 8081

https://kb.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB58818

Whether agents are communicating or not with the ePo? >> Tried ping from ePo, they are reachable.
Try pinging from cmd prompt and check

Hopefully Product Deployment task will fix it.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Hi @mtmy-zul,

Thank you for your post.

Please run the standalone installer on any one or two of these sample endpoints where an ePO based deployment is failing. The outcome can help us understand where we need to troubleshoot this. if the standalone installation is successful, it would mean that the deployment is failing from Agent end and Network related factors like VPN can certainly be a factor.

If the stand alone installation fails, We are possibly looking at an issue related to the machine not accepting ENS installation where we can further diagnose and troubleshoot with ENS expertise.

Kindly please update us on the same.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
mtmy-zul
Level 9
Message 6 of 7

Does the standalone installer will be communicate with current ePO server? These PCs already installed McAfee agent.
Pravas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Hi @mtmy-zul ,

If a system has McAfee Agent then standalone install is managed by the ePO Server.

Thanks

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community