Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PENG
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

ENS 10.7.0 Deployment fails

Jump to solution

Our team deployed ENS to a Windows 2007 SQ1 computer through an EPO server, and the deployment failed.

During product deployment, we observed through agent that the ENDP_GS_1070 installation failed during ENS deployment .But we are also using this EPO server to deploy ENS to Windows 2010 machines. No errors have occurred.How do we fix this deployment failure?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Saif_f
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Re: ENS 10.7.0 Deployment fails

Jump to solution

Hi @PENG 

Thank you for your response.

If an ASCI (Agent to Server Communication) session is failing, the first step to resolve the issue is to identify the error condition in the log file on the client. The log that needs to be examined on the client is the masvc_<computer_name>.log. The default location of this log is C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\Logs.

However, since you are saying that multiple PC’s have this issue and issue seems to be only with Win 2007 and 2008 machines, I would highly recommend that you install root certificates on these machines, reboot it and then attempt ENS installation again.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87096

If there are till issues with ENS installation, then it is better to raise a Support ticket with McAfee and we will be glad to assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Pravas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @PENG ,

Thank you for your post. When a product is deployed using EPO, its first received by McAfee Agent which downloads the package and later installs it.

We would suggest to open a ticket with McAfee Tech Support with the following details.

1) Name of the Deployment Task

2) Products being installed and its order of deployment

3) MER logs from the client

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB59385

Thanks

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Saif_f
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @PENG 

Thank you posting in community forum. Installation failure can occur due to various reasons. May I please ask if there is any specific error you see during installation via ePO?

Few points to check is:

1. Verify that Agent to server communication is working correctly.
  2. See if the version of ENS you are trying to install is compatible.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82761

1. Were there any older versions of ENS/VSE installed on the machine?

If this issue is only happening on one PC, may be you can also try to do a manual install and check if that works.

Kind Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

PENG
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution
HI,I'll answer a few of your questions
1.Where should I look for this particular error?
2.I am communicating normally because I can deploy other products such as whitelist
3.My ENS version is 10.7.0. The machine I failed was Windows 2007 SP1, Windows Sever 2008 R2.I can check in the file that the version is compatible
4.The VSE updated versions on the machine, but I've been using McAfeeEndpointProductRemoval tool remove VSE
5.It happens on multiple PCS
Thank you for your help
Saif_f
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @PENG 

Thank you for your response.

If an ASCI (Agent to Server Communication) session is failing, the first step to resolve the issue is to identify the error condition in the log file on the client. The log that needs to be examined on the client is the masvc_<computer_name>.log. The default location of this log is C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\Logs.

However, since you are saying that multiple PC’s have this issue and issue seems to be only with Win 2007 and 2008 machines, I would highly recommend that you install root certificates on these machines, reboot it and then attempt ENS installation again.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87096

If there are till issues with ENS installation, then it is better to raise a Support ticket with McAfee and we will be glad to assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

PENG
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your advice. I reinstalled the certificate and solved the problem

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community