cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENS 10.6.1 Stand Alone options for Windows 10 1903

Jump to solution
I am puzzled by the way McAfee releases updates for ENS 10.6.1 and frankly, I wish they would do a better job going forward. My question is: Is there a “Stand Alone” option available to install ENS 10.6.1 on a Windows 10 1903 system? Am I correct that the May release (the one that is still available) is a Hot Fix release and the October release is a Full Install that can be used as new client install or as an update (pushed out by EPO?) Also, I am running ENS 10.6.1 across the enterprise (with the February 2019 Hot Fix.) I will pay close attention to how the October release does before I apply it, but I want to test ENS 10.6.1 on Windows 10 1903.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee patrakshar
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: ENS 10.6.1 Stand Alone options for Windows 10 1903

Jump to solution

Hello @Glenn_Bolton 

Let me clarify here,

ENS 10.6.1 May update (which is a HF release) will work with 1903. When we say that it means if you have a machine with 1809 and you wan to upgrade that to 1903, you will first install the May update and then Upgrade the OS to 1903. As May update is not a Full Installer, hence if there is a new machine which already has 1903 you cannot install the May update.

For the machines which already has 1903 installed (no ENS installed) you would need to use Full installer package. Both July update and October update are the Full installer package which you can use on those machines. 

Let me know if there is still any question.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee patrakshar
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello @Glenn_Bolton 

Let me clarify here,

ENS 10.6.1 May update (which is a HF release) will work with 1903. When we say that it means if you have a machine with 1809 and you wan to upgrade that to 1903, you will first install the May update and then Upgrade the OS to 1903. As May update is not a Full Installer, hence if there is a new machine which already has 1903 you cannot install the May update.

For the machines which already has 1903 installed (no ENS installed) you would need to use Full installer package. Both July update and October update are the Full installer package which you can use on those machines. 

Let me know if there is still any question.

Jump to solution

I was able to correct this. Thank you.

The July package was pulled and is not available. I manually installed the Threat Prevention and Platform Modules from October.

I have added the October update to my EPO DEV environment and will be testing this on both server and workstation OS.

Thank you.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @Glenn_Bolton 

Kudos to you for sharing us the update and letting fellow community members know what resolved the issue for you.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need any further assistance.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community