ccastbr
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

ENS 10.6.1 December Update

Jump to solution

I had installed ENS 10.6.1.xxx in my environment, so

Platform minor version 1068  and Threat Prevention version .1128

I attempted to install to the 10.6.1 Dec 2019 update and installed all ENS extensions, and then to endpoints installed minor version      Platform 1815   and Threat Prevention .1881

Looking at the ENS console on an Endpoint, I see the two versions.

Looking at the system tree listing in the ePO I may see   1815/1881 for Platform and threat prevention, but I may also see

P/TP

1124/1881

1124/1208

I am unclear where 1208 came from, but I can inspect the systems reporting 1124 and they show 1815 is installed.   

Is there an issue with the Dec 2019 update?    The install was made by tagging the systems to test and assigning a client task to that tag. to deploy Threat Prevention.

Does Platform need to be called out separately in the deploy client task?  

I am not currently using Firewall or Web - only Threat Prevention.

Thanks!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Re: ENS 10.6.1 December Update

Jump to solution

Hi @ccastbr,

Apologies for the delay in our response. Good catch there! yes we have witnessed reporting issues with ePO however, the best way to confirm the version of ENS is to check it locally in case you have not tried.

I sincerely hope you find the issue resolved after upgrading ePO.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

ccastbr
Level 11
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello Adithyan

Yes - I had checked a few endpoints and then was surprised to see different version info in the ePO. Not being able to spend the time to get up close and personal with each endpoint, I wanted to know I could trust the data in the ePO system tree listing.     I checked my column heading selections, and I also drilled down to open the products tab on individual systems.   Finally I stumbled on Update 6 and its release notes.  

I have updated the ePO 5.10 to Update 6, and now the data reported by the endpoints is displaying correctly.    Problem solved.  (for now  🙂 )

Thank you,
Cosmo

5 Replies
ccastbr
Level 11
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

One more note - - 

Drilling down into a system from the system tree that reports Platform 1124 with TP 1881 and clicking on the ENS Platform in the Products tab, I see, if I scroll down  that the Plug in shows 1815 with Product version 1815.    

So what is the 10.6.1.1124 refer to?    Apparently I am not understanding the difference in "plug in" vs the client version.  

I will have to look deeper to get the proper column heading in my system tree view to show the Product version.

ccastbr
Level 11
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

OK - I think I may have found an answer looking at ePO 5.10.0 Update #6.    It states that the issues resolved in Update 6 include:    "EPO-6865  After product upgrade on a managed endpoint, product version information is updated correctly in the ePO Console."

So - it appears I will need to update the ePO and investigate again!

Thanks,

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @ccastbr,

Apologies for the delay in our response. Good catch there! yes we have witnessed reporting issues with ePO however, the best way to confirm the version of ENS is to check it locally in case you have not tried.

I sincerely hope you find the issue resolved after upgrading ePO.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

ccastbr
Level 11
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello Adithyan

Yes - I had checked a few endpoints and then was surprised to see different version info in the ePO. Not being able to spend the time to get up close and personal with each endpoint, I wanted to know I could trust the data in the ePO system tree listing.     I checked my column heading selections, and I also drilled down to open the products tab on individual systems.   Finally I stumbled on Update 6 and its release notes.  

I have updated the ePO 5.10 to Update 6, and now the data reported by the endpoints is displaying correctly.    Problem solved.  (for now  🙂 )

Thank you,
Cosmo

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @ccastbr,

Thank you for your kind update and letting us know what resolved the issue. Kudos to you for helping our fellow members 🙂

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community