Highlighted
pcmcis
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

ENS 10.5.5.5039 McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service is set to manual

Jump to solution

Hi, 

It has come to my attention that every test installation of ENS 10.5.5.5039 has McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service set to manual and not running.

Thread prevention is in status: enabled

(Firewall and Web control not installed)

ENS 10.5.4 with July and September updates are working properly.

I have the same results on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10

Is anyone else experiencing the same behavior?

EPO 5.9.1

McAfee Agent 5.0.5.658 and 5.0.6.220

Windows 7, 8.1, 10

Thanks,

Pcmcis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: ENS 10.5.5.5039 McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service is set to manual

Jump to solution

@pcmcis McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service as a Service does not have to be in automatic nor running in order for mfevtps.exe (the process which actually serves as validator) to be active and running on the system. It should not be expected to be an indicator of status of the process. The service still shows and is present as an option for legacy compatiblity when necessary. It is set to manual so the products can manually start it only if deemed necessary by the software.

If you look in Task Manager and see that mfevtps.exe (McAfee Process Validation Service) is running, then all is well and you should not be concerned about the status of the similarly named item within services.msc

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

1 Reply
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: ENS 10.5.5.5039 McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service is set to manual

Jump to solution

@pcmcis McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service as a Service does not have to be in automatic nor running in order for mfevtps.exe (the process which actually serves as validator) to be active and running on the system. It should not be expected to be an indicator of status of the process. The service still shows and is present as an option for legacy compatiblity when necessary. It is set to manual so the products can manually start it only if deemed necessary by the software.

If you look in Task Manager and see that mfevtps.exe (McAfee Process Validation Service) is running, then all is well and you should not be concerned about the status of the similarly named item within services.msc

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?