cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ENS 10.5.4 to 10.6 Failure

While upgrading from 10.5.4 to 10.6 several users started getting the popup error below. This results in the upgrade process stopping and we end up with systems running both 10.5.4 and 10.6. 

McAfee support has said this is a known bug and not to upgrade to 10.6 until the next release. I haven't seen anything official so I'm wondering how widespread this is. The only solution I was given was to downgrade back to 10.5.4 which is easier said than done since the removal tasks are getting hung up on removing ATP. 

So has anyone come across this problem or anything offical?

error1.png

3 Replies

Re: ENS 10.5.4 to 10.6 Failure

We had the same issue amoung quite a few systems at our org. Support directed us to you the uninstall tool that they provided to force uninstall ENS then re-deply from EPO. Instead of taking their advice we found that the following KB fixed most of our problems. We have been working through this mess for the past three weeks as they creap up and have mostly cleared them up. If it didnt work we ran the removal to and re-deployed.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90664

Reliable Contributor bodysoda
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Agreed, we also had the same issues and support advise was to uninstall and reinstall ens 10.6. Just finished off reinstall. Wished I say this post earlier 🙂
In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!

I did attempt this workaround but it didn't work for us. We went ahead with remotely running the removal tool and then coordinating with the users to reboot. Thanks for commenting. I'm glad we weren't the only ones at least. 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator