Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brentil
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

ENS 10.5.2 MA Quick Settings Disable ignores password requirement

I've reported this as a defect to McAfee but I wanted to warn any admins before implementing this new feature.

From the 10.5.2 Release Notes they added MA quick settings like we've had in VSE & HIPS for a while.

Threat Prevention enhancements

• Adds the option for disabling Endpoint Security scanners to the Quick Settings menu, accessed from the McAfee system tray icon.

Adaptive Threat Protection enhancements

• Adds the option for disabling Endpoint Security scanners to the Quick Settings menu, accessed from the McAfee system tray icon.

However, if you have your ENS locked down via the ePO -> Policies -> Endpoint Security Common -> Options -> Client Interface Mode -> Enable = Lock client interface (Windows & Mac only) & set a password it ignores this password requirement allowing any user with desktop level access to disable ENS On-Access scanning.  The disable for ATP seems broken though as nothing changes.

Your enforcement policies will enable it again on the next enforcement time but the user can just disable it again.

With VSE & HIPS these options would be grayed out if you had a password set.

So use at your own risk.

2 Replies
robby24
Level 9
Message 2 of 3

Re: ENS 10.5.2 MA Quick Settings Disable ignores password requirement

Hi,

How do you set this up on ENS 10.7?

Thank you.

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: ENS 10.5.2 MA Quick Settings Disable ignores password requirement

Hi @robby24

Thank you for your query. The same option is expected to be available in ENS 10.7:

Reference: https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.7.x-common-interface-reference-guide-windows/pag...

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community