cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ulfat
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Does McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 rich to its End of Life?

Hi Mcafee Support Team,

There are two questions regarding McaAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 and Endpoint Security

1- McaAfee Virus Scan Enterprise 8.8 future version will be available eg: version 9,10 and etc OR it rich to END of LIFE?

2- Which one is better McaAfee Enterprise 8.8 OR McaAfee Endpoint Security?

We have already deployed McaAfee Enterprise 8.8 in our environment majority of our users complaining about their PC performance while Daily Scan is running

I appreciate if you give clear guideline regarding above two components which one is better that should not degrade more the PC performance

Regards,

Ulfat Hussain

2 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Does McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 rich to its End of Life?

VSE EOL is not yet announced. -so no EOL. I am not sure if there would be any major release coming  for VSE.

For performance improvement for VSE ODS, please look at best practice #: 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB74059

Performance improvement tips for VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
Technical Articles ID:   KB79673
Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: Does McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 rich to its End of Life?

As @hem said EOL for VSE has not yet been announced but ENS is the replacement product and comes with a number of new features making it more effective against malware than VSE.

There is VSE patch 13 being released soon but we are unable to confirm how many further patches will be released.

If you are seeing performance issues in regards to CPU you may need to review your settings. It may be that you have some processes running which perform a lot of read/ write actions. These actions require to be scanned by the scanner and can cause performance impact. You can use our McAfee Profiler Tool to spot any top processes or files which may need excluding from the scanner.

Futhermore however you've mentioned it seems to be just during your daily scan in which case this is expected behaviour: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85299

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community