cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bodysoda
Level 10

Do I really need to add vendor recommedned exclusions for ENS 10.5 Threat Protect?

Jump to solution

Since ENS 10.5 AMCore is build around latest technology, shoud I really follow the KB Consolidated list of Endpoint Security and VirusScan Enterprise exclusion articles  and added seperate exclusiones.

For examples, I have few AD, SCOM, DNS servers in there environment and ENS 10.5 threat protect has been deployed. There are no specific exclusions setup for AD, SCOM, DNS. I dont see any events in the threat blocked category as well. Do this mean the ENS 10.5 AMCore Engine is smarter than VSE?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
damiafaw
Level 10

Re: Do I really need to add vendor recommedned exclusions for ENS 10.5 Threat Protect?

Jump to solution

This is the main part in that KB for ENS that you should pay attention to regarding the exclusions....if you had VSE you would need to add them.

IMPORTANT: The Microsoft exclusions and McAfee applications listed in this article are not required for ENS if you select the option Let McAfee Decide when choosing when to scan files with the On-Access Scanner.

1 Reply
damiafaw
Level 10

Re: Do I really need to add vendor recommedned exclusions for ENS 10.5 Threat Protect?

Jump to solution

This is the main part in that KB for ENS that you should pay attention to regarding the exclusions....if you had VSE you would need to add them.

IMPORTANT: The Microsoft exclusions and McAfee applications listed in this article are not required for ENS if you select the option Let McAfee Decide when choosing when to scan files with the On-Access Scanner.