AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 16

Re: Difficulty re-installing ENS

Jump to solution

Hi @Sylvesterlon ,

Thank you for creating the Service Request with us. Apologies for the delay in response. Your Service Request is being actively worked upon by the assigned Engineer. We will be seeking your kind help in collection of MER logs from the machine (We are suspecting presence of leftovers from previous installs from what we saw in the install logs).

Surprisingly, even at the last attempt you have made to install the endpoint, I see an uninstall log for VSE on the machine.

A Remote session might definitely help with support. Please let us know your convenient time for working on this machine via the ticket and we will be glad to be of help over a remote session.

Please note: The Engineer assigned to you works between 8:30 AM and 3:30 PM IST. Please let us know if the time is not suitable for your work hours, we can make have the case reassigned a different Engineer accordingly!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 16

Jump to solution

Hi @Sylvesterlon 

Thanks to your time and patience with our support, the reported issue is now resolved as per the Service Request. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be very glad to be of help! Hope your Support Experience was satisfactory! 🙂

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 13 of 16

Jump to solution

The remote session was helpful to resolving the issue.

Aravind-K
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 16

Jump to solution

Thank you Udo

Aravind K

mmarti30
Level 8
Message 15 of 16

Jump to solution

What was the actual fix? I have the same exact issue.

Sivakumar1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 16

Jump to solution

Hello @mmarti30 . Thank you for reaching out McAfee Community and There are several reasons for an Installation Failure . However I would recommend you to create a SR and work on a remote session and with this issue. There were traces of ENS which was installed before and we uninstalled the ENS using Endpoint Removal Tool and re-installed the latest version and it worked.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community