Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 17

Deployment failing

Jump to solution

We're using ePO Build: ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 (Build 2428) Update Installed: Update 6 (2.0.0.831), Agent 5.7.2 and ENS 10.7.

I've got a Client Task to push Adaptive Threat Protection 10.7.0.2714 and Threat Prevention 10.7.0.2522. I have a couple servers, 2016 and 2019 I'd like to install on.

I go to Run Client Task Now. Select Agent, Deployment, and the task, then Run Task Now. I'm watching the Monitor on the server and it's running through things then I see these popup...

Update failed to version Install 10.7.0.2421
Error occurred while installing ENDPATP_1070

Update failed to version Install 10.7.0.2522
Error occurred while installing ENDP_AM_1070

...and ePO shows the Client Task failed.

I have access to the logs and there are errors listed. I would like to attach them, but I'm not sure which ones specifically would be helpful.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 17 of 17

Re: Deployment failing

Jump to solution

I was able to test systems as well as the one with the issue, and they are all showing NEW_CERT and having the certificate.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 17

Jump to solution

I wouldn't attach them, but check mcscript log.  If the agent is able to execute the setup for the products and then they fail, that then falls on the point product and the agent has done its job.  In Windows\temp\mcafeelogs there should be those point product install logs.  From there you would post the errors/questions for the ens team.  If the agent fails to get the files and never executes setup, then we need to see what is failing on the agent side.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator-ePO/SOLVED-HOW-TO-TROUBLESHOOT-CLIENT-UPDATE-DE...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 17

Jump to solution

Ok, from what I can tell the only logs I found related to what's installing are...

epo.PNG

I'm assuming Agent is working.

Attached is the file named McAfee_ThreatPrevention_Install_05042021124257810.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 17

Jump to solution

Action ended 12:42:58: WriteCustomActionLogPath. Return value 1.
Action start 12:42:58: LaunchConditions.
MSI (s) (6C:F4) [12:42:58:498]: Product: McAfee Endpoint Security Threat Prevention -- Please install Common to proceed with the blade installation.

Please install Common to proceed with the blade installation.
Action ended 12:42:58: LaunchConditions. Return value 3.
Action ended 12:42:58: INSTALL. Return value 3.

You need to make sure the ens common module is selected for install also as first install.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 17

Jump to solution

If you are trying to install the common, then look at that log to see what the return values are.  If not 1 or 0, then something went wrong.

Was my reply helpful?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 17

Jump to solution

Is Common an installable? I found Common UI but not sure if that's the same thing.

epoinstallers.png

epocommon.PNG

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 17

Jump to solution

Endpoint security platform - put that as first in the list of items to install.

Was my reply helpful?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 17

Jump to solution

Ok, I did but it's erroring on each still. I attached updated logs.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 17

Jump to solution

same problem - I am going to transfer this to the ENS team, as this is their product failing.  You need the install log for the platform to see if that failed to install.

Action start 8:01:43: LaunchConditions.
MSI (s) (9C:D4) [08:01:43:026]: Product: McAfee Endpoint Security Threat Prevention -- Please install Common to proceed with the blade installation.

Please install Common to proceed with the blade installation.
Action ended 8:01:43: LaunchConditions. Return value 3.

Was my reply helpful?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 17

Jump to solution

Is this the right log?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community