erez
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Deploy ENS for MAC

Jump to solution

Hey!

I want to deploy McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.7,

And as I try to download the products, I noticed that there isn't Endpoint Security Platform to download,

only Endpoint Security Threat Prevention for Mac and Endpoint Security Web Control for Mac.

What should I proceed with this?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Re: Deploy ENS for MAC

Jump to solution

Hello @erez 

Thanks for your response.

Please see the below:

ENSM.PNG

This is the correct one.

Do check your existing version of License Extension version which is already checked-in.

From Product Download Site, Standalone installation which you will be using on machines and installing it manually where machines are not managed through ePO.

Ensmm.PNG

You will be seeing the same thing as packages in Software Manager/catalog:

ensmmm.PNG

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @erez 

Thanks for your post.

Both are different components.

Once you will install it, the product will function properly and as per design.

McAfee® Endpoint Security Threat Prevention prevents threats from accessing systems, scans files automatically when they are accessed, and runs targeted scans for malware on client systems.

McAfee® Endpoint Security Web Control is a browser-protection solution that monitors web searching and browsing activity on client computers. It protects against threats on webpages and in file downloads.

Please check-in the Endpoint Security for Mac License Extension in your ePO. (If Managing through ePO).

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

erez
Level 8
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hey, 

There isn't any suite for all the ens products? 

And I tried checking the license extension,

But I didn't see that there is an update from older versions of the ens.

Thanks. 

ktankink
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @erez This is correct.  If you're downloading the ENS for Mac product from the McAfee Download Grant site, or from ePO Software Catalog, you'll download each client package separately (for the ePO installers).

Endpoint Security Adaptive Threat Protection for Mac
Endpoint Security Firewall for Mac
Endpoint Security Threat Prevention for Mac
Endpoint Security Web Control for Mac

If you're on the Grant Download site, you'll find the ePO packages under the PACKAGE section (same on the ePO Software Catalog as well; each installer will be listed as Type="PACKAGE").

If you're looking for the standalone installers, look under the INSTALLATION section; the standalone installer is an all-in-one installer though.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @erez 

Thanks for your response.

Please see the below:

ENSM.PNG

This is the correct one.

Do check your existing version of License Extension version which is already checked-in.

From Product Download Site, Standalone installation which you will be using on machines and installing it manually where machines are not managed through ePO.

Ensmm.PNG

You will be seeing the same thing as packages in Software Manager/catalog:

ensmmm.PNG

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community