Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Default Client Update Task and Event ID 1119

Jump to solution

In our environment I have both a Client Task for Product Update scheduled and the ENS Common policy setting checked for Default Client Update task schedule. I noticed we are getting alot of Event ID 1119 (notice) generated for Update Failed, even though the clients are up to date.

During researching this event and checking logs, I found because both are running tasks that I may need to disable the Default update task schedule in the ENS Common policy to stop the events from generating. Is there an issue with disabling this option and letting our client task handle the updates?

Also, if this option is disable, does that mean when clients are not connected to ePO they AMCcore will not update while connecting to the internet?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Default Client Update Task and Event ID 1119

Jump to solution

HI @kblowe,

Thank you or your post. for details on how default client update task works:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.5.0-common-product-guide-epolicy-orchestrator-wi...

We recommend disabling this task if you have your own scheduled task. Disabling this does not mean that clients cannot fetch updates from internet. You can still configure clients via epo to fall back to internet update server if ePO is not reachable. The below documentation link should be helpful to get started:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.6.0-common-product-guide-windows/page/GUID-DB7B3...

Having 2 tasks running at the same time especially performing the same task (update) is not recommended and hence we may have to reschedule one of them at a later time or disable one of them to avoid redundancy.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

HI @kblowe,

Thank you or your post. for details on how default client update task works:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.5.0-common-product-guide-epolicy-orchestrator-wi...

We recommend disabling this task if you have your own scheduled task. Disabling this does not mean that clients cannot fetch updates from internet. You can still configure clients via epo to fall back to internet update server if ePO is not reachable. The below documentation link should be helpful to get started:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.6.0-common-product-guide-windows/page/GUID-DB7B3...

Having 2 tasks running at the same time especially performing the same task (update) is not recommended and hence we may have to reschedule one of them at a later time or disable one of them to avoid redundancy.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Great. That answers my question. Thanks!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @kblowe,

Glad we could assist, Kudos to your for keeping the community posted what helped!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted

Jump to solution
How many times per day should the update task run?
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Disabling the default task also took care of the issue I was seeing with excessive Client Update failures. I also slowed down the number of times endpoints were checking for updates. Much better!!
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community