cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Exchange Layer - what is it?

Jump to solution

It must have been installed recently with either a McAfee Agent update, or an ENS update, but now I have another McAfee product installed on my Windows 10 machine called "McAfee Data Exchange Layer" and it is at version 5.0.1.249. What is this product? Is it part of ENS 10.6.x? Or perhaps part of McAfee Agent 5.6.x? We updated to both of those new tracks recently. Do I need it? Can it be removed? Or should I just leave it be?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Data Exchange Layer - what is it?

Jump to solution

Thank you for Posting your query "Data Exchange Layer - what is it?"

The McAfee Data Exchange Layer (DXL) framework allows bidirectional communication between endpoints on a network. It connects multiple products and applications, shares data, and orchestrates security tasks using a real-time application framework called the Data Exchange Layer fabric.
DXL receives and sends encrypted messages over the fabric to track activity, risks, and threats and take action in real time. 

DXL provides several key features that enable communication throughout the network.

The DXL broker fabric
Reduced time to detect and manage threats

Please refer to the product guide from the link below for more details
https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/28000/PD28077/en_US/...

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Gladiator99
McAfee Technical Support

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
2 Replies
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Thank you for Posting your query "Data Exchange Layer - what is it?"

The McAfee Data Exchange Layer (DXL) framework allows bidirectional communication between endpoints on a network. It connects multiple products and applications, shares data, and orchestrates security tasks using a real-time application framework called the Data Exchange Layer fabric.
DXL receives and sends encrypted messages over the fabric to track activity, risks, and threats and take action in real time. 

DXL provides several key features that enable communication throughout the network.

The DXL broker fabric
Reduced time to detect and manage threats

Please refer to the product guide from the link below for more details
https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/28000/PD28077/en_US/...

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Gladiator99
McAfee Technical Support

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Jump to solution

This is only part of the answer. Looks like it comes with McAfee Agent 5.6.x. Thanks for the information, we are all set.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community