Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

DAT update from a VPN

Hello there,

Due to the situation in France, a lot of ppl are using teleworking.

A ticket is open on Mcafee Support :  4-20828384811 (with Mscript.log for more details)

Since they are connected to the VPN, client instead of pointing on the right super agent to dowload DAT update, they are checking every super agent until they find the good one. Each agent makes 3 request, with IP, name server, and FQDN server name.

Today, it takes 4 hour for a client to get the DAT update if they stay connected to the VPN.

Do you have a solution to reduce this time once they are connected to the VPN ?

Thanks your for help.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: DAT update from a VPN

Hello!

Does the Routing of the VPN fit?

Is the client able to reach te repository?

Ist a Firewall active? I mean you need Port TCP 8081 to.

What kind of update tasks do you prepare for the Group.

Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Hey,

There is a firewall indeed, I dont have more detail because this is our Client infrastructure.

I asked to create a VLAN with VPN subnet with a super agent into it, but they cant.

I want to know if we can reduce the number of attemp from a client to reach a super agent.

In MSscript.log, a client ask 3 times the super agent with name/FQDN/IP.

Thanks for help.

Highlighted

Well the easiest way for VPN Clients is to create update tasks after startup and some fix times.

To reach the superagents, the routing in the VPN must of course work.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community