cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAT file is not automatically clear

There have been feedbacks that the McAfee  occupies too much disk space,than i found that have   many versions of DAT files in [C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Engine\content\amcore\update\], not just three versions. 

Does automatic cleanup DAT files will keep logs? Which log file should I check?  It seems that this problem occurs only on a few clients, and it works fine on most computers.

thanks~

1 Reply
yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: DAT file is not automatically clear

Hi @leo1993zc 

Thank you for reaching out to Community. 

I checked this information on our Test environments and only 3 version of DAT will be present. This is expected behavior. 

Does automatic cleanup DAT files will keep logs?

No. This does not keep any logs. 

Which log file should I check?  

When an update task is initiated in the ENS, either through a scheduled local task, one defined via ePO Policy, or from invoking UpdateNow from the local UI, the ENS builds a list of package ids. Once the list of ids is generated it is sent to the package supplier module.

The MA supplier module has the ability to use the list of ids to update only specific packages while the Threat prevention module will always update all packages that are out of date.

As you mentioned, It seems that this problem occurs only on a few clients, and it works fine on most computers. We request you to open an SR with our support with any of the machines that is causing this issue and we can sort out.

Was my reply helpful?

If yes, please five me a Kudo.

If I have answered your query, kindly mark this as solution, so that together, we help other community members. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community