cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line to check the status of the endpoint security software

Jump to solution
hi i would like to know if there is either a public api or a command line set of tools for checking the policy , verifying the status of the tool ,concerning mcafee endpoint security both web control,firewall and threat prevention thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Command line to check the status of the endpoint security software

Jump to solution

Firstly, Happy New Year 🙂

The only tool available is the mmsinfo tool which can be used to gather information about MMS-managed services - see: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85374

There is no tool to check policies or the status of the product as such. This information can be found in the registry though, if that is of any use to yourself.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
1 Reply
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Command line to check the status of the endpoint security software

Jump to solution

Firstly, Happy New Year 🙂

The only tool available is the mmsinfo tool which can be used to gather information about MMS-managed services - see: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85374

There is no tool to check policies or the status of the product as such. This information can be found in the registry though, if that is of any use to yourself.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator