cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cannot open ENS 10.7 Firewall for Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.18363.752

I tried using Windows Sandbox today and got no internet connection. Turning off the firewall in ENS 10.7 and starting the sandbox again gave me internet in the sandbox. So I tried to enter a custom rule enabling the executable C:\Windows\System32\WindowsSandbox.exe access to all protocols in both directions. This didn't work.

I had typed in the path and name of the executable so I thought I'd Browse to it instead. To my surprise, pressing the Browse... button and going to C:\Windows\System32\ did not show WindowsSandbox.exe as an executable although the file is definitely in that directory. Does ENS 10.7 specifically ignore  the WindowsSandbox.exe executable?

The executable is signed "Microsoft Windows" and clearing the path/executable but allowing the digital signature does allow the sandbox internet access. I am uncomfortable with this solution.

What is the proper way to enable internet traffic to the Windows Sandbox, please? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot open ENS 10.7 Firewall for Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.18363.752

Hi @aturnbul,

I would suggest you to check in FirewallEventMonitor.log located at C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Logs for any related blocked traffic and create required allow rules.

Enable "Allow bridged traffic" firewall option if it is disabled and test if it has any impact.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community