cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot communicate with the scan service.

Jump to solution

When  i tried to scan manually from a system, i get the below error message 

"Cannot communicate with the scan service."Capture2.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cannot communicate with the scan service.

Jump to solution

Which version of ENS are you using? This was typically an issue we had back in the 10.5.2 version.

It can however also be a sign of a dll injection or that the services aren't running - again if you are running anything below 10.5.4 you would be more suspetable to this.

If you are running 10.5.3 and lower, then please upgrade. If you are already running a later version, it might be worth opening a support ticket and providing them with an MER of the system affected as this type of issue would need investigating.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
2 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Which version of ENS are you using? This was typically an issue we had back in the 10.5.2 version.

It can however also be a sign of a dll injection or that the services aren't running - again if you are running anything below 10.5.4 you would be more suspetable to this.

If you are running 10.5.3 and lower, then please upgrade. If you are already running a later version, it might be worth opening a support ticket and providing them with an MER of the system affected as this type of issue would need investigating.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hi Chealey

I'm using  ENS 10.5.3 and thanks for your information.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.