cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cannot Update to Latest ENS 10.6.1.1421

All:

We have 500 machines failing/expiring to update to ENS 10.6.1.1421 - most have successfully updated without issue. We are pushing from EPO on-prem (5.10 - build 2428) and all machines have Agent 5.6.2.209.

I have worked with support several months ago and we resolve the issue by using the McAfee Removal Tool to remove all McAfee products and redeploy. I absolutely cannot do this for 500 machines.

The 500+ machines having an issue are on Threat Prevention 10.5.3.3264, Web Control 10.5.4.4177 and won't get ATP. Machines on WIN10. 

See images for errors I'm seeing and below:

Run now task Product Evaluation failed.
Details: Product "ENDP_GS_1060" installation failed, reason "Point Product Custom Error".
Product "ENDP_GS_1060" installation failed, reason "Unknown error".
Product "ENDP_GS_1060" installation failed, reason "Point Product Custom Error".
Product "ENDP_AM_1060" installation failed, reason "Unknown error".
Product "ENDP_GS_1060" installation failed, reason "Point Product Custom Error".
Product "ENDP_WP_1060" installation failed, reason "Unknown error".
Product "ENDPATP_1060" installation failed, reason "Unknown error"..

Labels (1)
5 Replies
jmcg
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot Update to Latest ENS 10.6.1.1421

Hello,

I guess the installation of your 500 machines has gone wrong for some reason.
I had alot of issue with 10.5.3 and 10.5.4.

Your issue look like part of ENS is corrupt, your only option is to use Endpoint Product Removal since McAfee support does not provide any "repair" tools.

But no worries, you can run EPR for ePO, so you can automate the process, don't forget you need to reboot after EPR has been run to be able to install ENS again.

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Hi @User20354050,

Looks like a very old post. Please let me know if you were able to resolve the issue or if you need any further assistance on this.

@jmcg, Thank you for your kind suggestions. Although support may have assisted you with the suggestion of running EPR tool in the past, the requirement may vary and I would like to have my humble request considered here regarding the use of EPR tool. EPR tool should be used as the very last resort. We have other ways of uninstalling the product and for this specific issue, if we identify a common root cause, we may be able to fix the issue on all the ,machines without using EPR tool.

I can never deny that EPR may be suggested from support as a final point of solution, however, it is better to contact us and have the situation investigated before going for the EPR tool.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
jmcg
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

Hello @AdithyanT,

I'm working on daily deployement with ENS, and unfortunately, when ENS does not recognize the installed version of ENS on the computer because you have two differentes versions of two modules (here the example: ENS TP 10.5.3 and ENS Webcontrol 10.5.4), then you cannot use any ePO task installation or uninstallation, so the last solution is to use EPR.

I had a service request opened for months asking the support another way than EPR, they never find or provide me another way to fix corrupt ENS installation.

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Hi @jmcg,

I am sorry to hear this. As mentioned earlier, There are definitely scenarios where support runs into a EPR tool as no other solution may exist for the reported issue.

Although I am not sure what has been the exact troubleshooting done on this Service Request, if it is not tried yet, I would recommend loading the ePO repository with the specific packages found on the endpoint for specific components and design deployment tasks for those version (older one remaining on them) with the action set to remove.

This should ideally work in uninstallation for the endpoint component that is in the wrong version.

After doing so, you can try deployment of the right version using a different task.

Also, this task can be automated using tagging from ePO. However, as I understand, you have had this Service request open with us for months which would mean that you have exhausted all possibilities and resorted to EPR as the last solution. I sincerely hope this gets you to a permanent solution and you do not face the issue once again.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
jmcg
Level 10
Message 6 of 6

My service request was for another scenario than "differents version", but a "corrupt" installation for some reason, the root cause was never find, if you want I can send you the SR# to checking out, there is a tone of information.

By experience I have been put ahead in front of multiple installation with this kind of "differents version" issue and the best (working solution) way to fix it was always Endpoint Product Removal.

I wish there was a tool to check integrity of an installation and be able to auto-repair it.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community