Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Can you silently install ENMS 10.6.1 May Update on standalone system

Jump to solution

With the full installer, you can add /passive switch to silently install the product without any user intervention. Are there any switches that allow you to install the May 2019 Update for ENS 10.6.1?

We want to be able to have a user to install the update on a standalone system but not get prompted the say "Update" option. Want it to install silently. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can you silently install ENMS 10.6.1 May Update on standalone system

Jump to solution

@twenden The user should be able to run the update package from an administrative command prompt with /q as the switch--this is the inherent quiet switch which should suppress any prompts. I have not had the opportunity to personally test this as it's a non-standard request, so I cannot fully guarantee it will behave as you seek.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

5 Replies
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

@twenden The user should be able to run the update package from an administrative command prompt with /q as the switch--this is the inherent quiet switch which should suppress any prompts. I have not had the opportunity to personally test this as it's a non-standard request, so I cannot fully guarantee it will behave as you seek.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Managed to use the /passive switch for the hot fix. Thanks for your help. 

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

@twenden Glad to hear you were able to make it work 🙂 And thank you for closing the loop!

rkokic
Level 9
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

"/passive" is the switch for running silent?  I plan to deploy via SCCM.

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @rkokic 

Thank you for your reply. Kindly please look into this link to get the parameters.

• qn — Hide all installation notifications (silent mode). Users have no interaction.
  • qb! — Show only a progress bar without a Cancel button. Users cannot cancel the installation while it is in progress (passive mode).
  • qb — Show only a progress bar with a Cancel button. Users can cancel the installation while it is in progress, if needed.

*Note: I would recommend creating a separate post for queries for future so that more participation is available and is helpful for other people looking around with the same questions.

I sincerely hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community