Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcfarrar
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 105

Can't install Endpoint 10.6.1 on WIndows 10 -1903

Jump to solution

On a clean install of WIndows 10 - 1903 you are unable to install Endpoint 10.6.1 as it's blocked by Microsoft. McAfee haven't released a standalone full installer containing the May 2019 Endpoint update only a patch.

Will McAfee be releasing a standalone full installer for Endpoint 10.6.1 (May 2019 update)?

7 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 105

Re: Can't install Endpoint 10.6.1 on WIndows 10 -1903

Jump to solution

Update:

The current status of the 10.6.1 Monthly Update which will include a full installer with 1903 compatibility can be tracked here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91587

You can subscribe to the article to receive email notifications when it's updated.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 34 of 105

Jump to solution

@ChrisQ ENS 10.6.1 May Update has compatibility with Windows 1903, so we do have an offering for 10.6.1 available. However, since it is not a full installer, you must upgrade ENS to that build prior to upgrading the OS. This information is outlined and available via KB85784

We understand and hear your concerns regarding the current lack of full installer for new 1903 systems. I can assure you that as the announced validation infrastructure changes have progressed in our environment, our teams are actively working as diligently as possible to complete the necessary final validation cycles to get the ENS full installers to you as quickly as possible. I highly encourage you to subscribe to KB91587 which we are keeping latest apprised of the available details, so you can stand by for this upcoming Tuesday's update to the release information. 

We are aware of the weight of the results of these delays and we hear you. These delays are not in line with our standard goals for software option availability for our customers. However, please be assured that, while painful now, these infrastructure upgrades and enhancements are going to allow us to be more effective in serving you moving forward.

I can confirm for you that installation of McAfee Agent does not change the status of Defender.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee
Message 40 of 105

Jump to solution

To keep everyone in this thread apprised: ENS 10.6.1 and 10.5.5 Full Installers with 1903 Support are targeted for release on June 27th, 2019 as announced today via KB91587. These details have been communicated via SNS and tracked weekly through communications and this article. Hold tight, we're almost there!

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee
Message 44 of 105

Jump to solution

@smb24 

This date changed from June 27th because it became apparent that ENS 10.6.1 May Update was impacted by a defect which could potentially result in a BSOD due to a specific situation in some environments. This defect would have also been present in the full installer release if it went out on the 27th. Engineering has made the necessary code change to correct the issue in the upcoming versions and will need to perform some additional validation cycles prior to release accommodating for this change. For more information regarding this issue, you can review KB91624.

While we understand additional delay is frustrating, this is to ensure a quality product is released, and McAfee engineering has made every effort to ensure this issue is addressed as efficiently as possible in order to get this in your hands. We know that the full installer will be very widely adopted due to its need, and we could not ship with the potential for this defect to be present as it would be a more negative experience than a <4 business day additional delay to the release.

I highly advise that you reach out to your account team to raise your concerns and discuss with them ways they can assist you through this time as you wait the additional days for the installer.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here as well.

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee
Message 52 of 105

Jump to solution

@mastercam The ENS release is coming today, July 2nd, as communicated and this includes the fix for the issue described in KB91624 that is present in May Update and the original release of HIPS P13. Please stand by for the SNS notification that will be going out today to notify you of when it is available to download.

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 54 of 105

Jump to solution

Just logged in with our grant number and do see new product dated July 2nd.

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 1.57.38 PM.png

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 84 of 105

Jump to solution

@Sys_Admin  @it1024 @seattlemicro 

Just to clarify. There is a supported version of ENS for fresh builds of 1903.

This is the July Update > which is a full installer.

The release can be obtained through support. Please check KB91642 before deploying the July Update though.

Was my reply helpful?

104 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 105

Jump to solution

Yes, indeed. We are expecting this to be released in June.

Was my reply helpful?
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 105

Jump to solution

We are noticing issues also. We have several laptops that we can't deploy ENS 10.6.1 to. It appears that during an upgrade to Windows 1903 that it must have uninstalled the previous ENS of VSE version.

I noticed that on KB85784 that it mentions that ENS 10.6.1 May Update is supported. If say Microsoft forces a removal of ENS 10.6.1 then how can we redeploy the one with the May update as that is only a patch. 

So it appears that we have to wait until Jun 11 which will leave systems that have upgraded to Windows 10 1903 unprotected.

McAfee Employee MarkCMc
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 105

Jump to solution

The Windows upgrade should not force an uninstall of the May Update. Support was added to the May Update for this exact 1903 upgrade scenario.

rich12345
Level 7
Message 5 of 105

Jump to solution

We just upgraded a client system to 1903, when will Mcafee get us a standalone installer that will work with this version of Windows 10, next month?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 105

Jump to solution

The full installer which will be compatible with 1903 is targeted for June. No date available at this time.

Was my reply helpful?
KVD
Level 7
Message 7 of 105

Jump to solution

Sorry, but your reply might be correct, but doesn't help me. Why does it take so long to release this 1903 compatible update. Again and again, when MS releases a major upate to Win10 we have to wait until McAfee catches up. Most of your competitors are a lot faster. In the mean while please release a FULL stand alone installer of the may version of Enpoint Security.

Jump to solution

Hello,

why dos McAfee say ENS 10.6.1 with Win 10 1903 supported? Is there a way to install it?

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85784

https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB82761&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=false...

I opened a case, but the answers weren't usable:
1 Answer: I should install ENS 10.6.1 Fullinstall from December and then the May Update
That's why I opened the case, because it's not possible.

Answer 2: I only have to install the update. --- ???
I really tried it, which of course aborts with the error message that ENS is not installed.

nwchong
Level 8
Message 9 of 105

Jump to solution

Chealey,

Do you have any work arround solution ?  because I already uninstall the previous Mcafee Endpoint.

Thank you,

William

McAfee Employee patrakshar
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 105

Jump to solution

We can only uninstall the windows update. Install the ENS back and push the ENS May update on top. Then install the Windows update 1903 on the machine. 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community