cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't install Endpoint 10.6.1 on WIndows 10 -1903

Jump to solution

Next week, eh? 

That's too bad. We have one machine using Windows Defender because of the BSOD issues.

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 52 of 105

Jump to solution

@mastercam The ENS release is coming today, July 2nd, as communicated and this includes the fix for the issue described in KB91624 that is present in May Update and the original release of HIPS P13. Please stand by for the SNS notification that will be going out today to notify you of when it is available to download.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

@jess_arman 

Cool!

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 54 of 105

Jump to solution

Just logged in with our grant number and do see new product dated July 2nd.

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 1.57.38 PM.png

MarkW1
Level 8
Message 55 of 105

Jump to solution

Hello,

I deployed this yesterday to some test systems which were up to date with the May update.  I created a deployment task which installed the Endpoint security platform and the Endpoint security threat prevention, here are the results:

• Agent status monitor show it getting installed
  • ENS "about" still showed the prior version was installed all day
    • rebooted a couple systems and it didn't change
    • the product page for systems showed the install status was pending..all day
    • Everything looks fine for most systems this morning
      • a couple systems product page now shows both ENS versions installedI'm just about to migrate our staff from VSE to ENS so this is my first update.  Is this expected behavior for ENS?  Should have I removed the older version of ENS first in my deployment task and then install the newer version?  I assumed the install would remove the older version just like VSE did.

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks,

2019-07-04_10h41_45.png
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 56 of 105

Jump to solution

The ENS installer will detect older versions and remove these during the installation (if you used a full installation package). You may see some odd reports if you have not rebooted after the install however after the install, you should see the older versions listed removed/ listed as uninstalled.

If you are migrating from VSE though, I would suggest looking into the EUA tool, which is our Endpoint Upgrade Assistant. This will help you upgrade the systems from VSE to ENS.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
MarkW1
Level 8
Message 57 of 105

Jump to solution

Hello Chealey,

So, what I've described is normal then?

I have a solid migration plan that I vetted out with our McAfee sales engineer.  I'm also moving from an old EPO 5.3.2 to a new EPO 5.10 so I'm using the package creator to move systems over and upgrade to ENS.  It's working very well so far.

Thanks for the quick response 

Sorry, for Hijacking the thread.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 58 of 105

Jump to solution

It's slightly odd that it's taking that amount of time to refresh but this could be because of your migration plan combined with the ePO switch etc. It's a bit more complex than just an ENS upgrade for example.

Was my reply helpful?
MartinKB
Level 7
Message 59 of 105

Jump to solution

The Problme i have here is that i can´t see the JULY updates .. last one is from May wich wont work with 1903.

so where to order that JULY ENS install packed ?

Clipboard01.jpg

Jump to solution

Same problem here. I see the exact same versions of products (14 May). No july updates.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community