Did you mean: 
it1024
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 102

Re: Can't install Endpoint 10.6.1 on WIndows 10 -1903

Jump to solution

@jess_arman 

May I know which build of ENS goes with the May Update? Because on my ePO I have got the ENS 10.6.1.1087 as the latest version to along with the 10.6.1.1279 May Update Bundle and it does not work on 1903. Should I do something after deploying May Update in the repository?

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee mmuthuga
McAfee Employee
Message 42 of 102

Jump to solution

To install ENS on windows 10 1903 you will need to wait for the ENS 10.6.1\10.5.5 full installer package targeted to release on June 27th 2019 announced in #https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91587

The currently available ENS 10.6.1 May update will need to be installed on the Windows 10 client(pre 1903) before upgrading to windows 10 1903.

smb24
Level 8
Message 43 of 102

Jump to solution

Pushed back to 7/2 now.  Unacceptable.  This is taking entirely too long.  Just another reason we're shopping other vendors as a replacement to McAfee, which we've only been using for 18 months.

Based on McAfee's track record, it sure wouldn't surprise me to see it pushed back AGAIN just before new scheduled release date next week.  

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 44 of 102

Jump to solution

@smb24 

This date changed from June 27th because it became apparent that ENS 10.6.1 May Update was impacted by a defect which could potentially result in a BSOD due to a specific situation in some environments. This defect would have also been present in the full installer release if it went out on the 27th. Engineering has made the necessary code change to correct the issue in the upcoming versions and will need to perform some additional validation cycles prior to release accommodating for this change. For more information regarding this issue, you can review KB91624.

While we understand additional delay is frustrating, this is to ensure a quality product is released, and McAfee engineering has made every effort to ensure this issue is addressed as efficiently as possible in order to get this in your hands. We know that the full installer will be very widely adopted due to its need, and we could not ship with the potential for this defect to be present as it would be a more negative experience than a <4 business day additional delay to the release.

I highly advise that you reach out to your account team to raise your concerns and discuss with them ways they can assist you through this time as you wait the additional days for the installer.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here as well.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

BUZZARR
Level 7
Message 45 of 102

Jump to solution

This is unacceptable, McAfee are supposed to be leading in security, how do they justify leaving users systems vulnerable?

Surely McAfee should of foreseen this issue, is this not why Microsoft have the insider and developer releases prior to general release!

McAfee must do better, I can only see the release being pushed back again and again.   

McAfee Employee
Message 46 of 102

Jump to solution

@it1024 10.6.1 May Update begins with common platform client 10.6.1.1449. You can view all build numbers in the ENS Supported Platforms article KB82761. Please be advised that since 10.6.1 May Update is not a full installer, you must upgrade your existing ENS install to May Update before upgrading your OS to 1903.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

AlexB2
Level 7
Message 47 of 102

Jump to solution

July 2nd was another targeted date for the issue to be resolved. I recreated the URL installation file and installed it on a Windows 10 version 1903. Once installed I performed an immediate update and still no threat prevention or web control available. I still can't launch the McAfee Endpoint Security program manually.

Reliable Contributor brentil
Reliable Contributor
Message 48 of 102

Jump to solution

@AlexB2 wrote:

July 2nd was another targeted date for the issue to be resolved. I recreated the URL installation file and installed it on a Windows 10 version 1903. Once installed I performed an immediate update and still no threat prevention or web control available. I still can't launch the McAfee Endpoint Security program manually.

July 2nd is the release date for the new release which hasn't come out yet but it's still July 2nd, heck it's only 8am PST.  Until you have that new version it's not going to work.  They've released the updated 10.6.3 for Mac & Linux so there's a good chance the Windows one is still being deployed.

AlexB2
Level 7
Message 49 of 102

Jump to solution

I spoke with support and they were informed that sometime next week will be a third target date to release the solution for Windows. It's 1:15 pm EST.

McAfee Employee
Message 50 of 102

Jump to solution

@AlexB2 If you were told that, then you were incorrectly informed. ENS Full installers will be releasing today as announced in KB91587. Information and external communications for notification of posting should be coming shortly.

MVISION Endpoint is going to have a date change from what is currently listed in that article (edits going live soon) and will be targeted for 2nd week of July.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community