Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor brentil
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 105

Re: Can't install Endpoint 10.6.1 on WIndows 10 -1903

Jump to solution

@whatisthis wrote:

But isn't it better to have some protection? because if 1903 is fresh install and you pushed mcafee agent, then there is no endpoint security installed on the computer.

in this scenario you're basically replacing windows defender with nothing and system becomes unprotected.

That's not how compliance works.  You follow the rules of compliance or GTFO.  There is no leeway outside of what compliance dictates.  We for example are a research facility so we have users with need for 1903 but moving to 1903 breaks baseline because it doesn't have ENS support for fresh installs.  We can't violate baseline so we can't provide these users with fresh 1903 systems so they're now unable to get their work done.  You don't reason with compliance, you follow compliance.

ChrisQ
Level 9
Message 32 of 105

Jump to solution

So you're suggesting I ignore the 100's of thousands I persuaded my employer to spend on this product and just use microsoft? Good plan....and I don't think installing the agent turns defender off tho does it? Isn't it ENS install that does that?

Reliable Contributor
Message 33 of 105

Jump to solution

@ChrisQ wrote:

....and I don't think installing the agent turns defender off tho does it? Isn't it ENS install that does that?

You're correct, only ENS being installed disables Windows Defender so you can keep your Agents and other products installed for management.

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 34 of 105

Jump to solution

@ChrisQ ENS 10.6.1 May Update has compatibility with Windows 1903, so we do have an offering for 10.6.1 available. However, since it is not a full installer, you must upgrade ENS to that build prior to upgrading the OS. This information is outlined and available via KB85784

We understand and hear your concerns regarding the current lack of full installer for new 1903 systems. I can assure you that as the announced validation infrastructure changes have progressed in our environment, our teams are actively working as diligently as possible to complete the necessary final validation cycles to get the ENS full installers to you as quickly as possible. I highly encourage you to subscribe to KB91587 which we are keeping latest apprised of the available details, so you can stand by for this upcoming Tuesday's update to the release information. 

We are aware of the weight of the results of these delays and we hear you. These delays are not in line with our standard goals for software option availability for our customers. However, please be assured that, while painful now, these infrastructure upgrades and enhancements are going to allow us to be more effective in serving you moving forward.

I can confirm for you that installation of McAfee Agent does not change the status of Defender.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

ChrisQ
Level 9
Message 35 of 105

Jump to solution

1903 has been out for 2 months. Most other vendors have products available. Some even had them available before 1903 was released to the general public. 

Telling me to subscribe to an article with no real information in it does not help. 

Is there an actual date for this release or are we now going to have to wait until July (or August...)?

Reliable Contributor
Message 36 of 105

Jump to solution

@ChrisQ wrote:

1903 has been out for 2 months. Most other vendors have products available. Some even had them available before 1903 was released to the general public. 

Telling me to subscribe to an article with no real information in it does not help. 

Is there an actual date for this release or are we now going to have to wait until July (or August...)?

We've been using McAfee Enterprise products for about 2 decades now.  I get that the delay is frustrating but its been their cadence for forever.  If you look back at their release history it's rare they have support for day 1 let alone before day 1.  Heck when Windows 8.1 came out we waited a year for HIPS support to arrive.  I'm not defending McAfee but just pointing out this isn't something new.  It does show that over the years it has gotten better, especially with ENS now.  Sometimes we really do have day 1 support but that's the rarity and not the norm.

Honestly, if it's causing your organization this much of an issue then you should make a support ticket with McAfee because they can provide you answers and then it's officially logged.  The support forum is not the medium for that.

nwchong
Level 8
Message 37 of 105

Jump to solution

hi all,

Can we use VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 to run on Windows 10 version 1903 ?

If can, which version is the correct once ?

Thank you,

Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 38 of 105

Jump to solution

Yes, you can use VirusScan 8.8i on Windows 10 1903. You need to make sure that it is using the latest Patch 13. This was released last week. 

If you don't update to Patch 13 before upgrading to 1903, then the user will get prompted to uninstall VSE 8.8i. I have tested VSE 8.8i with Patch 13 and can say that it works. 

Reliable Contributor
Message 39 of 105

Jump to solution

@nwchong wrote:

hi all,

Can we use VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 to run on Windows 10 version 1903 ?

As mentioned you can use VSE 8.8 as long as you install Patch 13 onto existing VSE 8.8 systems before upgrading.  But if you're in that boat you can just upgrade ENS before upgrading Windows.  If you want to deploy to fresh Win 10 1903 systems you can use the reposted VSE 8.8 with Patch 13 integrated into it (build 8.8.0.2114).

Highlighted
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 40 of 105

Jump to solution

To keep everyone in this thread apprised: ENS 10.6.1 and 10.5.5 Full Installers with 1903 Support are targeted for release on June 27th, 2019 as announced today via KB91587. These details have been communicated via SNS and tracked weekly through communications and this article. Hold tight, we're almost there!

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community