Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
W_RKC
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 76

Re: Can't install Endpoint 10.6.1 on WIndows 10 -1903

Jump to solution

its 11th of June and still no full installer available, only update that can be applied before "In Place" upgrade.

Reliable Contributor brentil
Reliable Contributor
Message 22 of 76

Jump to solution

There was an SNS sent back on June 5th that didn't specifically state ENS was delayed but the way I read it was everything was delayed.  With the new Tuesday information cadence I'm hoping today we'll get info on when it'll be available.

We have delayed the June product updates to implement enhancements to our testing, quality, and interoperability infrastructure.  All product update candidates are ready and in queue for final validation upon completion of infrastructure upgrades.

We recognize that, as with any deviation from planned cadence, your plans may be impacted by this change and they will need to be adjusted accordingly. To keep you informed of the latest status of these product releases, McAfee will be sending out regular communications.

An update will be published each Tuesday in which we will provide details regarding updated release timelines and details as they are available. KB91587 will be maintained as the hub for information regarding all products affected by this delay, and as the consolidated source for all timeline updates:
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91587

ChrisQ
Level 9
Message 23 of 76

Jump to solution

What, exactly, does "Currently prioritized" mean in terms of a release date? 

I have users that need the full install ASAP and I told them to expect it on June 11th - as per the release date I was given. Now I'm having to tell them we have no clue when it will be available, and neither do McAfee.

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 24 of 76

Jump to solution

@ChrisQ Since the releases are being worked on a product-by-product basis, "currently prioritized" means that we recognize that this is a product/release that is more important in comparison to others that it be considered and focused on sooner in comparison to others, where possible. It's to provide indication of what is being especially focused on (though all teams working to get their releases out once upgrades to their section of the infrastructure are complete) so we can release it as soon as possible. We're yet unable to give a specific date, but want to indicate some level of prioritization so not everything is TBD.

If you are not subscribed to SNS notifications, and this is why you were not privy to these communications, I recommend that you follow the instructions found in KB67828 so you can subscribe to receive them. 

Also, you're able to subscribe to KB91587 which is maintained as the hub for information regarding all products affected by this delay, and as the consolidated source for all timeline updates. You must be logged in to subscribe, and it will allow you to receive an email each time the article is updated.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Still no release? 

We have a new customer already running 200+ client with 1903 and we are holding out still for a full-installer of ENS....

Jump to solution

Yes me too, when can we have the full installer package ? currently I have user already upgrade to Windows 10-1903 and he already uninstall the old McAfee Endpoint security.  so currently he only have Microsoft Windows Defender to protect his pc a week already.

ChrisQ
Level 9
Message 27 of 76

Jump to solution

10.5.4 and 10.5.5 May?? updates released (in June) but still nothing for 10.6.1

Come on McAfee, I've staked my reputation on your product, bought 20,000 licences and am still waiting, over a month since 1903 was released, for a full install. This is not what I expect from you. 

Jump to solution

No need to panic guys, just remove mcafee agent and all installation and  native windows defender will protect windows.

Windows defender is more than capable of securing against all threats. 

You can install mcafee once the full installer released.

Only problem is defender requires windows sccm for central management but you can bare without central management until mcafee released

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor brentil
Reliable Contributor
Message 29 of 76

Jump to solution

@whatisthis wrote:

No need to panic guys, just remove mcafee agent and all installation and  native windows defender will protect windows.

Windows defender is more than capable of securing against all threats. 

You can install mcafee once the full installer released.

Only problem is defender requires windows sccm for central management but you can bare without central management until mcafee released

For anyone in an environment that requires compliance this is not even an option we can humor let alone consider.  A system without an Agent is a Rogue and a system without ENS is unprotected and either will bring the wrath upon you.

Jump to solution

But isn't it better to have some protection? because if 1903 is fresh install and you pushed mcafee agent, then there is no endpoint security installed on the computer.

in this scenario you're basically replacing windows defender with nothing and system becomes unprotected.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator