cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install ENS remote or Manually

Hi,

What to do next if I can't install ENS via ePO or manually? should I reformat the unit?, but I manage to install an Agent to the machine

7 Replies
Reliable Contributor frank_enser
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't install ENS remote or Manually

Hi,

you could search the logs files at C:\Windows\TEMP\McAfeeLogs\ on the client for specific errors, or open a SR and send McAfee a MER log, so they can search the log.

Regards,

Frank

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JDv56kIEA5qD6_5V0Uuk5L7KCZ_MmTGW

This is the picture of the error

I've restart the machine, still same error can be seen

The product may have been partially installed earlier and somehow currupted.  That would stop the installation of it again.  Has it appeared in the Add/Remove programs?  Maybe search for it in the registry (back that up before going through it), if it finds anything in the registry that is what would be stopping it from installing. 

Other than that, grab a MER, contact McAfee and see if they have a removal tool that can be run to ensure ENS is not on the system in anyway and try again. 

Good Luck.

Reliable Contributor frank_enser
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

You could get the McAfee Removal Tool from McAfee support to remove all ENS files, and than do a fresh install.

Thank you for all your response, I will check all your suggestion, hope it will fix my problem

McAfee Employee cookand
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

You most likely have a broke version of ENS on the effected client. In order to get this client working correctly I would suggest removing the ENS bulid that you have on that machine through the control panel and ensure that all dir/reg entries are gone for the product. Once that is done, you will need to reboot the machine to clear the filter drivers. If you cannot perform this operation manually, you can reach out to us and we will provide the Removal Tool and you can then run the /ENS switch to remove the product from the client. My assumption is you have DLL injection that is causing the product not to complete (seen primarily on 10.5.2 and below). 

Other questions that need to be addressed:

What is the target machines OS (Win 10 ver 1703/1709 etc)?

What is the full version of ENS that you are pushing to the client (10.5.3/10.5.2/10.5.1/10.5.0)?

What version of MA is on the client (5.0.4/5.0.5/5.0.6/5.5.0)?

Do you see any reference in the %temp% location for ENS or anything cited withing %deflogdir%?

Let me know when you get a chance, or open an SR with the Endpoint Security Team and we would be glad to take a look at it with you.

-Andrew

What is the target machines OS (Win 10 ver 1703/1709 etc)?
- Mostly Windows 7 Version: 6.1, and some Windows 10 i think

What is the full version of ENS that you are pushing to the client (10.5.3/10.5.2/10.5.1/10.5.0)?
- ENS 10.5.3

What version of MA is on the client (5.0.4/5.0.5/5.0.6/5.5.0)?
- Agent version 5.0.6.220

Do you see any reference in the %temp% location for ENS or anything cited withing %deflogdir%?
- I have not yet check this, I will endorsed this to our implem team

I think there is already a SR ticket for this, but unfortunately I'm not in the loop. Will formatting the machine then installing the ENS will work as a work around?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator