cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find Exploit Prevention Events Page

Jump to solution
The McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.0 -Threat Prevention Product Guide - Windows indicates there is a Exploit Prevention Events Page. I can't find it. Trying to perform this process: Create exclusions from Exploit Prevention events From the Exploit Prevention Events page, you can create exclusions to allow particular actions and prevent events from being generated.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't find Exploit Prevention Events Page

Jump to solution

Hi @User91864413 

Thank you for your post here! Good question. I would request you to kind look at the attached screenshot for your reference. Exploit prevention events can be found under Menu --> Reporting --> Exploit Prevention Events.

I sincerely hope this helps you in resolving the query.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
2 Replies
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @User91864413 

Thank you for your post here! Good question. I would request you to kind look at the attached screenshot for your reference. Exploit prevention events can be found under Menu --> Reporting --> Exploit Prevention Events.

I sincerely hope this helps you in resolving the query.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

The statement "You can also create exclusions automatically from Exploit Prevention events from the Exploit Prevention Events page under Reporting" is in reference to the client machine. Also you can configure exclusions from the ePO. From the client side, you can follow the steps below

Open the ENS Console and click on Event logs
From the drop down under Number of events select Threat Prevention
You will find the events

When specifying exclusions, consider the following:
• You must specify at least one of Process, Caller Module, API, or Signature.
• Exclusions by Caller Module or API don't apply to Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
• If you specify more than one identifier, all identifiers apply.
• If you specify more than one identifier and they don't match (for example, the file name and MD5 hash don't apply to the same file), the exclusion is invalid.
• Wildcards are allowed for all except MD5 hash.
• If you include signature IDs in an exclusion, the exclusion only applies to the process in the specified signatures. If no signature IDs are specified, the exclusion applies to the process in all signatures.

For the list of processes protected by Exploit Prevention, see KB58007. For more details, please refer to the topic "Excluding items from Exploit Prevention protection on a client system" on page 99 of the product guide

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/27000/PD27574/en_US/...

Please refer to the screen shot below

Exploit Prevention.PNG

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community