cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Can my ePO server manage VirusScan 8.8 as well as Endpoint Security Threat Prevention?

All of our Windows servers currently have VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 installed and are managed through our ePO server. I would like to migrate to Endpoint Security, but we have a handful of Windows 2003 servers in the environment. Can I migrate all of my non-Windows 2003 servers (2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016) to Endpoint Security, while keeping my (5) Windows 2003 servers running VirusScan 8.8 Enterprise?
4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can my ePO server manage VirusScan 8.8 as well as Endpoint Security Threat Prevention?

Hello mcoia,

Greetings!

Please go through the supported version in the below Kb

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573&_ga=2.219777689.1249576565.1589169974-...

Regarding your query, since windows 2003 has reached EOL, i do not have much comments on it. But for upgrade we will try our best to move it to ENS. I request you to create a ticket with our VSE or ENS team to proceed further.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Re: Can my ePO server manage VirusScan 8.8 as well as Endpoint Security Threat Prevention?

Hello @mcoia 

Thanks for your post!

Yes you will be able to manage both the products from the same ePO Server.

You can also migrate it to the ENS from VSE.

Check-in Endpoint Migration Assistant Extension (for Policy Migration) and Also check-in the Endpoint Upgrade Assistant Extension to check the machines which are compatible for the Migration from VSE to ENS.

You can refer the :

Supported platforms for Endpoint Security 

Windows 2003 is end of life and end of support.

I believe the above workaround will give you some picture.

If you have still any doubt you can raise a new service request with the support team.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Yes, you can still manage Windows 2003 server with VSE 8.8i. We have one Windows 2003 and two Windows 2008 in our environment do that. All three systems are managed by our ePO 5.10 server and report back with no issues. The agent version that is running on these systems are older being 5.0.3.272 as newer agents will not support these older operating systems.

We are hoping to get these admins to surplus these servers eventually. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Adding to @twenden 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51111

The last supported version for VSE is Patch 7 and MA is 5.0.3 

Make sure that you have checked the latest extension version in your ePO.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community