Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Can I pull a registry value using ENS

Jump to solution

I'm looking to see if I could use ENS to pull the below value from the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

Value Name =ReleaseId

Value= 1909

Much appreciated!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Re: Can I pull a registry value using ENS

Jump to solution

Hi @Sohel ,

Thank you for posting your question,

If you are looking for setting up a task and run on ENS console to pull registry value then I would say it's out of scope of products functionality But if you are using EPO to manage your ENSTP installed machine and if you want to pull the same value for all the machines in your environment then I will suggest you to use "Queries and report" functionality available in McAfee EPO.

I have attached one snapshot and exported Query which you can import in your EPO and run it to get details about versions of windows for all your machines managed by that EPO.

How to import queries.xml attached to this reply.

1.Download Queries.xml and copy it to EPO Server

2.Login to EPO server and visit "Queries and reports" TAB

3.Click on "Import Queries" Button and you will be asked to "Choose a file".

4.Use "Queries.xml " file downloaded in step 1.

5.Click on "save" 

6. Search for report called "Pull Build Version" version and click on "RUN" to get your result as per snapshot attached.

Let us know if you have any query that requires clarification and we will get back to you.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
MayurKumar P

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

What do you mean by Pull?  What are you trying to accomplish?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Sohel ,

Thank you for posting your question,

If you are looking for setting up a task and run on ENS console to pull registry value then I would say it's out of scope of products functionality But if you are using EPO to manage your ENSTP installed machine and if you want to pull the same value for all the machines in your environment then I will suggest you to use "Queries and report" functionality available in McAfee EPO.

I have attached one snapshot and exported Query which you can import in your EPO and run it to get details about versions of windows for all your machines managed by that EPO.

How to import queries.xml attached to this reply.

1.Download Queries.xml and copy it to EPO Server

2.Login to EPO server and visit "Queries and reports" TAB

3.Click on "Import Queries" Button and you will be asked to "Choose a file".

4.Use "Queries.xml " file downloaded in step 1.

5.Click on "save" 

6. Search for report called "Pull Build Version" version and click on "RUN" to get your result as per snapshot attached.

Let us know if you have any query that requires clarification and we will get back to you.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
MayurKumar P

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply.

Question: do you think we can use ENS to registry keys for any other installed software form below location?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]

Is this something possible?

Thanks

Sohel

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution
Hi Sohel,

Thank you for getting back to us for clarification,

The information you are trying to fetch from registry using ENS is out of scope of Endpoint security's functionality.

Hope this helps!!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community