cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmbdtx
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Can Endpoint Security v10.7 install and run on Windows Small Business Server 2008R2

Jump to solution

Can Endpoint Security v10.7 install and run on Windows Small Business Server 2008R2? I am currently running VirusScan Enterprise but I need to replace it for something better.

IF Endpoint Security can install and run on SBS 2008R2 would I need to uninstall VSE first and if so what is the best method for the uninstall?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hmbdtx
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

Re: Can Endpoint Security v10.7 install and run on Windows Small Business Server 2008R2

Jump to solution

Thank you for your fast response. I followed your advice and successfully installed Endpoint Security and it appeared to uninstall VirusScan just as you stated. I did look at the link you provided but I could not see anywhere in the article a reference to SBS 2011.

Thank you again for your fast and excellent responses to my questions. It is appreciated.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can Endpoint Security v10.7 install and run on Windows Small Business Server 2008R2

Jump to solution

Hello @hmbdtx 

Can Endpoint Security v10.7 install and run on Windows Small Business Server 2008R2? I am currently running VirusScan Enterprise but I need to replace it for something better.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82761

IF Endpoint Security can install and run on SBS 2008R2 would I need to uninstall VSE first and if so what is the best method for the uninstall?

Yes, You can create a deployment task from ePO and send it to the machine, Once the task will trigger it will remove the VSE and ENS will get installed.

Also please make sure to check with Endpoint migration Assistant Extension to migrate the VSE policies from VSE to ENS.

Also try to check the Endpoint Upgrade Assistant (EUA) to analyze your environment to check how many machines are ready to migrate from VSE to ENS.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!  

hmbdtx
Level 9
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for your fast response. I neglected to state that this server is not running ePO. VSE is running in standalone mode. In this case would I just uninstall VSE before installing ENS and if so is there an uninstall utility from McAfee that would do a better job?

vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @hmbdtx 

Thanks for your post.

You can try to run ENS stand-alone installation on top of VSE , It will remove the VSE and ENS will get installed.

if something goes wrong with the installation you can try checking the logs under %temp%  folder McAfee Logs.

We do have tool call Endpoint Removal Tool available on the McAfee Product Download Site which you can download it.

Thanks

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query! 

hmbdtx
Level 9
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Just as a final check before I start are you certain that Endpoint Security 10.7 will run on a Widows Small Business Server 2008R2? The reason that I am asking is that some software will run on Windows Server 2008R2 but not on Small Business Server 2011 which runs Windows Server 2008R2.

Thank you.

mbuehler
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @hmbdtx 

Per supported platforms KB https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82761 ENS 10.7.0 does support installation on Windows Small Business Server 2011

Thank you,
Mitchell Buehler

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
hmbdtx
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for your fast response. I followed your advice and successfully installed Endpoint Security and it appeared to uninstall VirusScan just as you stated. I did look at the link you provided but I could not see anywhere in the article a reference to SBS 2011.

Thank you again for your fast and excellent responses to my questions. It is appreciated.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community