Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ascha
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

CUBA ransomware

Hi all,

I just got news from FBI flash (pdf uploaded) about latest variant of CUBA ransomware, when i checked mcafee kb about CUBA latest variant (mid October 2021 version) the mcafee last midified KB till June  2021: https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB94397&locale=en_US ,

and when i pick one of the MD5 form the FBI flash lists and input to virus total resulting mcafee undetected to this threat, 

PS: we don't have file sample, only MD5 lists from the FBI article, and our epo is 5.10 and ENSTP 10.7

how to protect from this latest CUBE malware variant when we don't have file sample to be upload to mcafee support for extra dat or amcore

4 Replies
yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: CUBA ransomware

Hi @ascha 

Thanks for reaching out McAfee community. Based on the query, it looks like you are looking for coverage information for this ransomeware. 

I suggest you to have an SR opened from Malware perspective along with the advisory and this can be checked from labs perspective and actioned accordingly. 

Was my reply helpful?

If yes, please give me a Kudo. If I have answered your query, please mark this as solution so that we help other community members together. 

ascha
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

Hi Yaz thanks for your reply,

yes that is correct, we need coverage information, actually i just called the support and rise SR#4-22503684364 but it seem i got the wrong subject (configuration problem, not malware problem), but it seems there's no engineer pick up my case yet, (from 11 am till this moment) still there's no update for my case,

yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Hi @ascha 

Thanks for sharing us with details. 

I have requested concerned team to look into this and we will reach out to you with further updates. 

You can follow up with the SR accordingly and our assigned Engineer will help you with the coverage details. 

Was My Reply helpful?

If yes, please give me a kudo. If I have answered your query, kindly mark this as solution so that together we help other community members. 

ascha
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Hi @yaz ,

that's great news thanks for your help, and make sure the info about this case is conveyed properly and correctly to the team who will handle it later,

thank you very much for your effort @yaz , Hopefully tomorrow there will be an update or new information about this case,

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community