cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad_Pool_Header Blue Screen seemingly after McAfee update was applied

We have a server in our environment that has blue screened more than once recently with "Bad Pool Header" error code. Checking the event logs, it appears it went down shortly after McAfee update was applied. The server appears to be fully patched and up-to-date. Not sure what is causing the BSOD. Any assistance from the community?
4 Replies
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bad_Pool_Header Blue Screen seemingly after McAfee update was applied

Hi @User49200150,

Good day to you!

Could you please confirm the ENS version and the update that caused the BSOD?

How many machines were affected?

If you happen to have the Memory.DMP file, I would recommend opening a service request with us.

If the ENS version that you are using is old, we would recommend upgrading to the latest where multiple BSOD issues has been fixed.

Regards,

AJ

Machine is running version 10.7. This was the only machine affected this time. However, we have had one other server blue screen with the same error in recent week. We removed McAfee products for a short time on that server as a test and no more blue screens happened.

I do not have a dmp file from the machine.

tommes
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

i also habe problems with bluescreen "BAD POOL HEADER" caused by driver mfeaack.sys.

The problem only occur on Server 2012R2

I opened a support ticket an it was told that the latest ENS version should solve the problem.

The problem is not solves with either ENS10.7 April 2021 and the ENS 10.7 June 2021 Update.

I hobe for a solution soon.

We had a third different server blue screen with same message. If you stumble across anything, please share and I will do the same. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community