Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay5
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Automatic security updates are not possible

Jump to solution

There are many servers in the user environment. The system version is Windows Server 2008 R2. After I manually install ens, I can't use the security update on the ENS management interface to automatically update the virus database, but there is no task error message. Are there any corresponding cases and solutions

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Re: Automatic security updates are not possible

Jump to solution

Hi @Jay5,

Thank you for your post. We commonly see Policy update failure, task failure and update failure issues on Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7 machines that do not ahve the recommended certificates deployed on them. Kindly please try the installation of certificates as described in the below KBA on any one or two endpoints and please let us know if that helps:

Product install or upgrade issues due to missing root certificates

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vivs
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello,

What error you are seeing when clicking on the Update now button ?

What is the ENS version you are using ?

Please do check the below link:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator-ePO/SOLVED-HOW-TO-TROUBLESHOOT-CLIENT-UPDATE-DE...

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Jay5,

Thank you for your post. We commonly see Policy update failure, task failure and update failure issues on Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7 machines that do not ahve the recommended certificates deployed on them. Kindly please try the installation of certificates as described in the below KBA on any one or two endpoints and please let us know if that helps:

Product install or upgrade issues due to missing root certificates

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

Jay5
Level 8
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi :

Thank you for your help, I installed the root certificate by referring to the KB method, but it prompts that the installation of the root certificate failed. I can upload the corresponding log file. Can you help analyze the cause of the failure?

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Jay5,

Thank you for your update, sure thing, we can take a look at the logs you have for the same.

May I know if you can also share us a screenshot of these registry entries?

• HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\AuthRoot\DisableRootAutoUpdate
  • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Root\ProtectedRoots. (If it exists)

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Jay5
Level 8
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi :

Thank you for your help, After I installed the root certificate referring to KB87096, the device can be automatically updated.

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Jay5,

Thank you for your update and helping our Forum members know what resolved the issue for you!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community