Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SM
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Ansible fails to install McAfee Endpoint Security Platform v10.7.0.3132.1

Hi,

I am having issues installing McAfee Endpoint Security Platform using Ansible.  Everytime it fails with a return code of 1601.  Installing manually on server works fine.  I have tested using command line / powershell manually and works fine.  Ansible also using powershell / command line and made no difference.

Anyone else come across this ?  

Cheers SM

2 Replies
Saif_f
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ansible fails to install McAfee Endpoint Security Platform v10.7.0.3132.1

Hi @SM 

Thank you for posting in community forum. As you mentioned, installing ENS manually works without issues, it is clear that the problem is either with the tool or the method used for deployment through Ansible. Other important thing to note is that other deployment methods can sometimes invoke the installer in a weird way which results in symptoms similar to those of missing root certs.

Since the only supported deployment method from McAfee is via ePO, we would recommend to use this method for deployment.

Kind Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and give a Kudo, together we can help other members.

SM
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ansible fails to install McAfee Endpoint Security Platform v10.7.0.3132.1

Hi,

I applied the certificates by running the batch file manually on the server and this made no difference at all to Ansible.  It still failed to install ENS.

Even tried below suggestion and again nothing works.

VSCore Installation failed (deployment of Data Exchange Layer, Endpoint Security, or VirusScan Enter...

SM

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community