Message 1 of 3

Amcore DAT issue

Dear Team,

If i extract the CS logs from McAfee and i look at the Amcore Content Reason

Content is out of date.
Content was not updated.
Unknown
(blank)

I tried the following below steps without user intervention.

1) Perform Update Now.
2) Wake up Agent.
3) Run Client Task to update Amcore DAT.

Still does not work, is there any step to resolve without intervention of the user.

2 Replies
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Amcore DAT issue

@Uthra Facilitation of DAT/AMCore content updates is a function of the McAfee Agent. In order to learn more about why this is failing, I would advise that you take a look at the masvc log and the mcscript log to view what is occurring. Masvc will show you the task being invoked, its progression, and whether or not it's succesfull. In parallel, the mscript log will show you if there are any issues reaching the repository and/or downloading the file. You can view more details about the Agent logs in the Product Guide hosted at docs.mcafee.com

Once you check those files, what are you seeing in regards to the reason for failure?

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Uthra
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Amcore DAT issue

I have another question where machine is updated with latest Amcore content locally but if i look at the ePO Console, Amcore Content version is Unknown ( also i dont find Amcore content section in ePO under Threat prevention module)

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community